About the Role:
- This role reports to the Manager, IT Program & Projects Manager and works directly with Program Delivery Leads and Project Managers to deliver key solution architecture artefacts and provide advice to project teams.
- This role is accountable for solution architecture deliverables/work packages to the relevant IT Portfolio Delivery Stream Lead or Project Manager.
- Develop and maintain business, information and technical architectures and designs for the enterprise ICT Portfolio in accordance with best practice and that comply with Whole of Government Standards and Policies.
- Perform architectural reviews of Business Cases, implementation strategies and solution architecture specifications for ICT programmes and projects.
- Queensland ICT Strategy, relevant Architectural Standards, principles and roadmaps.
- Translate business needs for ICT systems into coherent and effective technical options to delivery details design specifications aligned with business requirements
- Contribute to and deliver ICT change management and Service Level Management artefacts to ensure risks are mitigated and solution are supportable.
- Contribute to cost estimates for solution architectures and designs to inform Concept proposals, Business Cases and programme and project budgets.
- Contribute in the development of project plans, including the identification of project risks, issues and mitigation strategies impacting solution architecture.
- Contribute in the project planning activities, including the identification and delivery of solution architecture artefacts and ensuring resource requirements are fit for purpose and will meet project milestones and quality expectations.
- Build and maintain relationships with the health and information industries to understand, promote and share solutions architecture and design practices for the benefit of government Agencies.
- Develop and maintain the conceptual, logical and physical models to ensure alignment to the ICT Enterprise Standards.
- Provide consulting and advice on solution design on projects and assist project teams in its implementation.
- Consult with data architects to create the metadata design, develop the formal description of the data and data structures.
- Design project data integration and data migration activities, advising on the transition from current to desired state.
- Participate in due diligence reviews of new software purchases/procurement activities.
- Actively participate is improvement activities and provide mentoring/support functions to other solution architect team members.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain relationships with key internal stakeholders and external technology vendors in order to partner with them in delivering the required ICT outcomes.
- Proven conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills to respond to client business requirements and a proven ability to work in a team environment developing effective working relationships with team members.
- Experience in technology design including integration of technologies and have specialist knowledge in one of the following architecture domains: Information, Application, Security, Infrastructure or Network.
- Experience is analysing the gap between current capability and capacity and future demands and the ability to communicate the gap and negotiate the strategy to moving the organisation to be able to deliver and support the new systems.
- Demonstrated high level of expertise and experience in network architectures, client/server architectures and web architectures, and understanding of service delivery and support models and their impacts within a large and complex organisation.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, at business and technical levels, complex architectural concepts, drivers and issues, in both written and verbal formats.
- Demonstrated understanding of how to integrate information technology with business processes and people.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Pooja Deshmukh on 07 3023 1078, quoting ref no. JO-1912-98837. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com