eHealth Queensland is one of the largest Information Communication Technology (ICT) operations in the state. It is responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of information systems and technologies. In collaboration with the 16 Hospital and Health Services, the Department of Health has been delivering eHealth solutions for the Queensland public health system since 2007. Queensland Health's eHealth Investment Strategy outlines the plan for investing in the digital future of Queensland Health.
About the Role
Reporting directly to the Chief Solution Delivery Officer, the Senior Director, Digital Solutions Delivery Services (DSD Services) is accountable for eHealth Queensland’s overall Program and project management disciplines and standards, providing strategic leadership, integration and management of all Digital Solution Services, processes and functions.
This role will drive the maturity of P3M3 by developing capability across program and projects while providing the methods, tools and services to facilitate project delivery excellence and optimized resourcing across a large statewide project delivery team. The Senior Director, DSD Services will create a people first customer centric culture by creating a place where people want to work, where they can grow and where they can succeed.
We are seeking a proven executive who is eager to be an integral part of the Digital Solutions Delivery Branch (DSDB) leadership team. DSDB is Queensland Health’s trusted partner and advisor for digital health project delivery excellence and an employer of choice for project specialists. To be considered for this exciting opportunity you will possess:
- Proven high level program/project management experience, skills and qualifications, with the ability to achieve successful program outcomes through establishing and running a high, pragmatic and scalable performing Project Management Office or similar function;
- Proven experience in leading, defining and monitoring strategies which achieve high reliability in delivering programs and projects as well as delivering projects to scope, within timeframes and budget, and to the necessary quality meeting the aspirations of the customer and the organisation for improved services and infrastructure;
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders by undertaking high level strategic negotiations, providing expert advice and resolving complex risks and issues associated with portfolio delivery;
- Proven high level management capability in the leadership and development of high performing, multi-discipline teams, including demonstrated success in achieving team cohesion in line with strategic direction;
- Advanced interpersonal, communication, negotiation, consultation and collaboration skills incorporating the ability to liaise and consult effectively with personnel at all levels within and external to eHealth Queensland;
- Demonstrated high level analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to identify issues and risks across the branch and work collaboratively with stakeholders to develop solutions;
- Possess shared vision and values that strive for customer-centricity, accountability, challenging the status quo, capability building and a commitment to creating a culture of inclusion, respect and collaboration;
- Proven track record of creating a people first culture
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline, qualifications and experience in Prince2, Agile and ITIL are highly desirable.
To apply, please email a Microsoft Word version (.doc or .docx) of your Resume to Nicola.firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference JO-1912-98821. For a confidential conversation please contact David (Will) Wilson on 0407 573 962 or Marcus Engeman on 0431 804 418.