Join a progressive inner Melbourne Council with urban character, a diverse work environment and a fantastic community spirit. You will be given the opportunity to develop both professionally and personally whilst planning and delivering a range of important services and programs to the community.
About the Role
- Under the direction of the Coordinator – Civil Infrastructure, provide technical and administrative expertise in relation to “hands on” design, tendering and construction of civil infrastructure and sustainable transport projects.
- With limited supervision work across the organisation, in particular with project sponsors in a productive and constructive manner with open communication, accountability and professionalism to deliver upon Council’s objectives.
- Ensure the Civil Infrastructure team and Project Services department more broadly delivers high quality capital projects on time, within agreed budgets
- Provide sound advice, support and guidance to the Project Services department and to project sponsors regarding project management processes as per EPMO framework and Project Services processes.
- Carryout “hands-on” design, prepare engineering drawings, estimates, specifications and contract documentation for capital works projects.
- Carryout contract management and works supervision of capital works projects in compliance with council policies, relevant codes, Australian Standards and industry best practice. Delivering projects within allocated time and budget.
- Plan and manage consultations with the community, stakeholders, internal and external parties, as required, to achieve best outcomes for council.
- Provide input and support into the planning, management and delivery of capital projects within allocated time, quality and budget constraints and in line with the EPMO framework and Council’s standards, policies, relevant codes and industry practice.
- Report regularly to the Coordinator – Civil Infrastructure on updates on projects, and on matters of a sensitive, political nature, thereby assisting the Project Services department in meeting Council’s objectives.
- Provide strategic support, within the Project Services department, relating to planning, design, procurement, construction, resource allocation, supervision, surveillance, policing and administration of Council’s assets.
To be considered for this role, you will possess the following
- Extensive knowledge of technical and practical aspects of “hands on” civil design, tendering and construction of capital works projects.
- Extensive experience in applying engineering and project management skills and knowledge with current best practice techniques to resolve problems, both technical and administrative in nature.
- The ability to utilise project management, engineering skills and knowledge together with current best practice techniques to resolve problems.
- Knowledge of budgeting, accounting and financial procedures as they relate to the management of capital works in a local government environment.
- A degree qualification in Civil Engineering (Bachelor of Engineering) or equivalent degree recognised by Engineers Australia.
- Relevant knowledge and experience in the delivery of municipal scale civil construction projects predominantly involving roads, drains, transport and sustainability projects, including but not limited to “hands-on” design, tendering, construction, contract management and
- works supervision.
- Relevant experience with computer aided design, including AutoCAD Civil 3D Civil Site Design and MUSIC software.
This is a 6 month contract role that has scope to be extended into the new financial year. Please only apply if you have the relevant software experience.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Patrick Courtney on 03 9929 9500, quoting ref no. JO-1911-98618. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com