The successful candidate will:
- Provide high level, confidential administrative and executive support to the CEO, using an understanding of government, industry and community issues to determine priorities.
- Manage all aspects of running the CEO’s Office, including diary coordination, email correspondence, drafting of correspondence and memos, coordination of CEO’s participation in committees and stakeholder management while presenting the organisation in a professional, considerate manner and coordination and support to the Management Team.
- Coordinate Chair, Board and Committee activities including communication and support arrangements for meetings, facility site visits, Ministerial and central agency correspondence and liaison.
- Coordinate special projects as required including the preparation of reports, briefs and correspondence on complex issues that impact at individual, business unit, and Authority levels and generating reports from organisation ‘s Licensing Management System.
- Support Managers in the functions of the office (Business & Corporate Services, Licensing, Compliance and Enforcement and Information and Support Services), routine liaison with Licensing Managers in regard to the management of licensees and responding to enquiries.
- Support and assist administrative and office functions including processing licence applications and renewals, general enquires and consumer complaints in accordance with policy and procedure 2 and including CRM database utilisation and maintenance.
- A continued commitment to the public interest by operating in a manner that is consistent with the organisations values and code of conduct, and inspires trust by treating all individuals fairly and assisting to maintain a safe work environment
- Experience in previous similar role providing high quality, confidential, timely, efficient and professional administrative support services.
- High level of flexibility to meet sometimes rapidly changing priorities and variable working duties and hours.
- Ability to anticipate CEO needs, and provide reference material in advance so CEO is prepared and informed when discussing issues, attending meetings etc.
- Skills in managing time, planning and organising own work and setting priorities despite a conflicting and often changing schedule.
- Skills in preparation of confidential correspondence and reports that are clear and concise.
- High level of integrity, sense of urgency and working in a government environment.
- High interpersonal skills able to establish positive and effective working relationships with a wide range of people.
- Ability to maintain professional discretion in managing commercially or politically sensitive information.
- High standard of verbal and written communication to reflect a professional standard of interaction, in dealing with elected representatives, management, employees, external organisations and their representatives.
- Degree in public administration or business management (or similar) will be highly regarded.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com