|Posted||1 day ago|
Based in Brisbane and engaging communities across the entire state, Opera Queensland presents works to local, national and international audiences. Our work in schools, and regional and remote communities is at the heart of our commitment to introducing new audiences to the diversity and power of opera as an art form. Working with our major partners, QPCA and the QSO, we present three mainstage productions a year in Brisbane and tour extensively to fulfil our mission of making opera integral to the cultural life of Queensland.
About the Role
The Director of Marketing and Sales is responsible for developing strategies to drive revenue and build the profile of Opera Queensland in metropolitan, regional, national and international markets. Focused on broadening and building Opera Queensland’s audience and supporter base, the role creates brand development and business building campaigns that increase local and national awareness. Overseeing the direction of all above and below the line activities, the Director of Marketing and Sales works closely with the Artistic Director and Executive Director to implement the strategic vision of the organisation.
- Demonstrated senior level experience in delivering dynamic and successful marketing campaigns alongside a PR strategy
- Demonstrated experience in the successful preparation and delivery of print and electronic marketing collateral, including the delivery of photography and videography briefs
- Proven ability to implement digital and social media strategies
- Experience in optimising data to deliver goals
- Strong management skills, with a demonstrated ability to inspire staff
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish strategic relationships with external stakeholders
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills, particularly with regards to developing marketing copy
- Highly developed leadership, organisational and time management skills with the ability to effectively prioritise competing demands
“With a standing ovation and the words written on the wall, it’s with all honesty that OQ have made opera accessible, thrilling, and fearless” was how one reviewer summed up Opera Queensland’s final production of 2019. This is an extraordinary opportunity to work with an Australian arts company who are leading the way in creating programs revered for their originality and quality. If you are excited about being part of an ambitious, dynamic, forward thinking organisation, you are encouraged to apply.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Jesse Klaus on 07 3023 1080, quoting ref no. JO-1911-98504. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com