Our client, based in Sydney CBD delivered products and services that enhance solutions, they are innovative and they assist their customers by keeping them informed, secure and connected.
They require a DevOps Engineer to develop a sound understanding of production facing systems and assisting in the support, development and design of these systems as the environment grows.
The successful candidate will:
- Provide first, second and third level support for internal and external facing systems and applications.
- Utilise an infrastructure skillset in providing front line, proactive technical support, and will also be involved in improving the quality of platforms and systems through the creation of Automation and proactive monitoring processes.
- Deliver the aligned business plan of Cloud Infrastructure and Infrastructure as code alongside groups of developers, architects, infrastructure, product, and management teams.
- Operate across different project groups ensuring alignment on the delivery of outcomes.
- May be required to be participate in the On-Call rotating roster. This roster is for after-hours program and contact center support with responses / activations triaged accordingly.
Experience and Skills:
- Understanding of IT Service delivery, IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS
- Knowledge of Cloud Technology, primarily Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Operational knowledge of SaaS services programs with customers
- Cloud Services knowledge, including Containers, Automation
- Development knowledge, preferably with Java, Python,
- Scripting and Automation (Powershell, Python, Ansible, Terraform, Chef, Puppet, Spinnaker etc)
- Network, Systems, or Application Architecture and design experience (3-5 years)
- Server Administration – Microsoft/Linux/Docker/Virtual and Physical/Database (3-5 years)
- Strong practical network experience: (2-3 years)
- Experience managing and delivering IT systems in a high availability environment (Load Balancing, Warm sites)
- Strong Documentation skills
- Strong written and communication skills
- Knowledge of Traditional Systems and Network Administration and cross over to Infrastructure as Code, Continuous Integration and Deployment (CI/CD)
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Ryan Armati on 03 9929 9565, quoting ref no. JO-1910-98354. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com