Davidson have partnered with a large, international renewable energy developer who own and operate utility scale renewable energy power plants across the globe. With projects currently in development, construction and operation globally, they are looking to continued growth within Australia by appointing a Grid Connections Manager or Engineer.
About the Role
As the Grid Connections Manager/Engineer you will play a pivotal part in leading the grid connection process for their Australian portfolio. You will be the main point of contact for liaising with AEMO, NSP’s, OEM’s and Consultants. Other responsibilities will include:
- Review and manage GPS approvals from development through to commissioning
- Technical input regarding potential project acquisitions, tenders and contractual specifications
- Develop networks with key stakeholders pertaining to grid connection approvals
- Supporting project teams throughout the commissioning phase
- Technical support regarding identification and development of new sites
In order to be successful in the role you will hold a degree level qualification in Electrical Engineering and have previous experience in assisting/managing grid connection processes within the power sector. Other key capabilities include:
- Previous experience with HV, MV & LV systems
- Working experience with PSS-E/PSCAD or other simulation software packages
- Knowledge of grid connection & compliance codes
- Competent interpersonal skills
- Experience with GPS negotiations, R1 process and registration, commissioning, testing and R2 process desirable but not essential
This is an excellent opportunity to join a global Independent Power Producer based in their office in Brisbane. You will be joining a small but growing close knit team of industry professionals who are passionate about the Australia Renewable Energy Market.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Stephen Overty on 07 3023 1074, quoting ref no. JO-1910-98346. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com