The Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR) is a department of the Queensland Government, formed in April 2009 with the merger of the Queensland Transport and the Department of Main Roads. The department manages Queensland's approximately 33,000 km state-controlled road network, which includes more than 6,500 bridges and major culverts.
TMR’s vision is to create a single integrated transport system accessible to everyone. The Department moves and connects people, places, goods and services – safely, efficiently and effectively. The driving force behind all of these things are their people. They employ over 8500 dedicated employees who share a common value – to drive positive change and to make a difference.
In the role of Manager (Delivery & Operations) and as a member of the District Leadership Team based in Cloncurry, you will support the Regional Director in achieving the region’s strategic outcomes by sponsoring, coordinating and accepting final accountability for the delivery of the regions’ total program of infrastructure projects.
- Provide project management leadership and strategic, operational advice concerning infrastructure program management.
- Monitor and report on the progress of projects against program priorities.
- Develop and maintain ongoing constructive relationships with various external stakeholders, including other government bodies and the general community.
- Ensure the application of all relevant standards, policies, guidelines and legislative requirements to ensure quality outcomes across the entire infrastructure program.
- Resolve complex technical issues on projects and prepare submissions that lead to overall performance improvement.
You will have extensive experience in engineering operations, system management and leadership of engineering teams. You will have demonstrated experience in running major projects or program of works, with the ability to look at the “bigger picture” with a forward thinking mindset.
To succeed in this role, you will need to have a strong ability to build rapport with internal and external stakeholders. An open communication style and conflict resolution skills are paramount in this role. Fostering a positive team culture that encourages work/ life balance is also critical.
Additionally, to apply for this role you must have:
- A Degree in Civil Engineering that is acceptable for corporate membership to Engineers Australia
- Registration as a Registered Professional Engineer of Queensland (RPEQ) is required for permanent appointment, however a fixed-term contract can be offered to the preferred candidate as long as they are eligible for registration.
An attractive package is on offer for the role, including multiple benefits outside of remuneration. With this role comes genuine work/ life balance.
TMR is an inclusive organisation, which embraces diversity of thought, culture, life experiences and people to ensure they reflect the communities they serve. They are committed to building an environment in which all our employees can feel valued, included and empowered to bring their different perspectives, beliefs, ideas and cultures in creating a workplace of innovation and opportunity.
To be eligible for permanent employment in this role, you must be an Australian citizen or a permanent resident.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Declan Jones on 07 3023 1065, quoting ref no. JO-1910-98255. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com