Cyber Security Operations Analyst
|Job Title:||Cyber Security Operations Analyst|
|Contact Name:||Pooja Deshmukh (TECH)|
|Job Published:||November 22, 2019 16:49|
About the Role:
Reporting to the Director, Cyber Security Operations, you provide security operations support, including identification, protection, detection, response and recovery from cyber security events. The Network Security Engineer performs monitoring, analysis and response to security events and threats. As a member of the Security Operations Team, you will be required to work collaboratively, to develop sufficient understanding of all roles within the team to provide assistance to other functions as required.
- Working as part of the Cyber Security Operations team to ensure the Agency's products, systems and services manage security risks appropriately.
-Conducting real time monitoring, analysis and triage of security events and alerts from multiple sources including but not limited to events from the Security Information and Event Tools, network intrusion systems and Host based Intrusion Prevention Tools (AV, HIPS, Application Whitelisting).
- Performing monitoring of networks and endpoints for security events/alerts for active threats, intrusions and/or compromises.
- Monitoring and assessing emerging threats and vulnerabilities to the environment and provide input into appropriate mitigation activities.
- Providing security Incident response support.
- Liaising with vendors in the delivery of secure services.
- Reports for various Stakeholders on operational security of Agency systems.
- Reviewing, documenting and improving processes to contribute to the overall security of the environment.
Supporting the Director of Cyber Security Operations in providing tactical and strategic security for all Agency systems.
-Experience in security operations or technical analytics.
-Experience working in complex operational environment.
-Knowledge and understanding of Australian Government security standards including the Attorney General’s Protective Security Policy Framework (PSPF) and the Australian Signal’s Directorate Information Security Manual (ISM).
-Experience in Incident management and response with relevant experience operating in a Australian Government environment
-Experience in reviewing threat data from various sources.
-Demonstrated experience in a complex environment
-Demonstrated ability to maintain stakeholder relationships, both internally and externally.
-Demonstrated experience in incident and forensic analysis will be advantageous.
-Security Clearance: Baseline or ability to gain a Baseline clearance.
-Tertiary qualifications in ICT /Cyber security or demonstrate equivalence through professional ICT certifications such as the Certified Information Systems Security Professional or other related certifications.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be required to obtain a security clearance level of which Australian Citizenship is a condition of eligibility.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Pooja Deshmukh on 07 3023 1078, quoting ref no. JO-1910-98038. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's