Responsible for Designing, developing and maintaining applications software.
- Designing, coding, testing and installing applications programs either in one major language or in a range of programs across multiple platforms.
- Developing operating and system documentation.
- Working with users to evaluate IT applications and equipment requirements.
- Ensuring that systems are developed within agreed budgets and time frames and achieving necessary design and systems security standards.
- Use technical specifications, requirements, standards and procedures to develop / modify structured code to produce quality programs as part of an application development or problem resolution activity
- Conduct post implementation reviews to assess the effectiveness of the Technology solution provided
- Ensure all work within area of responsibility is carried out and documented in accordance with required standards, methods and procedures to ensure information retention and re-use
- Work with Business Analysts to analyse business processes, procedures and user requirements in order to establish system requirements
- Develop solutions and specifications so that agreed requirements can be converted into functional systems
- Develop, program and code technology applications software solutions to meet agreed specifications
- Achieve key Systems Development Lifecycle stages in terms of quantity, timing and quality of all aspects of work allocated
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with required standards, methods and procedures.
- Advanced skills in one or more of the major programming languages (either 'legacy' or 'hot') such as Cobol, C++, Visual Basic, .NET, XML, ASP, COM/DCOM, Pick, UniVerse, SB+ and/or SQL.
- Advanced skills and knowledge of one of the major relational database packages such as Oracle, SQL Server, Sybase or DB2.
- Knowledge in open source programming.
- Ability to understand the essential needs of users and meet these in well-designed programs.
- Good skills in time and resource management.
- Three to five years experience in an Analyst Programmer role or related Technology discipline
- Basic professional experience in a relevant field
- Relevant Financial Services Industry experience advantageous
- Tertiary qualification in a Technology discipline or related field
- Experience in software development and general IT experience coupled with tertiary qualifications in computer science or a related discipline.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Pooja Deshmukh on 07 3023 1078, quoting ref no. JO-1910-98171. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com