About the Role
An opportunity to join the team at Maules creek as an Excavator Operator loading our new AHS fleet. You will be responsible for ensuring high quality excavation using the on board high precision guidance tools.
Day to day tasks include:
- Standard excavator duties such as - following the dig plan to meet targets and budget, managing the loading area and materials being dug and monitoring on board excavator health.
- Ensure high quality excavation using the on-board high precision guidance tools.
- Perform AHS tasks including calling-in, spotting and kicking-out of Autonomous Haulage Trucks.
- Monitor the loading area to ensure any obstacles and poor road conditions are reported and addressed to prevent production stoppages.
- Understand and comply with standard operating procedures for operating within the autonomous operating zone- including entry and exit.
- Utilise AHS on board systems to lock and unlock loading bays, define spot positions, calling autonomous haulage trucks to load and kicking them out when loaded
- Advise AHS Controller and Supervisor of any changes in material versus plan.
AHS experience is highly desirable but not essential.
To be successful in the role you will need:
- The ability to operate 350 - 800 tonne excavators at full capacity - dig rates of over 2500 bcm/hr
- 2 years minimum experience
- Load 315 tonne trucks to capacity.
- Ability to operate associated dozers – d10/d11.
- Willingness to relocate to Gunnedah/Boggabri/Narribri.
- Associated current VOC's
- Ability to undergo and pass a full coal services health medical and drug/alcohol testing
- Right to work in Australia
- Job stability with a permanent, full time position.
- Be home every night - no more FIFO/DIDO!
- Lifestyle roster - only work 6 months over the course of a year and be home every night.
- Ultra class and low hour fleet – Hitachi ex8000 and ex3600.
- Competitive annual salary with bonuses!
- BIBO from multiple pick up locations in Gunnedah, Boggabri and Narrabri.
- 5 weeks annual leave.
About the Company
Whitehaven Coal is the leading Australian producer of high-efficiency, low emissions coal, and the dominant player in Australia’s only emerging high-quality coal basin. We operate four mines in the Gunnedah Basin in North West New South Wales. We are proudly local and employ locally-based employees where possible.
Whitehaven is at an exciting stage in its development with a robust development pipeline in both NSW and Queensland and real opportunities for employees to contribute to our strategic growth agenda.
Whitehaven is an ASX100 company committed to recruiting, retaining, and investing in a modern and diverse workforce, which values teamwork, respect and recognition. We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a healthy, smoke-free workplace.
About the Mine
Maules creek is Whitehaven’s newest and largest coalmine with a life-of-mine of 30 years. Located in the Gunnedah Basin, 45km southeast of Narrabri and 17km northeast of Boggabri. Whitehaven Coal strives for operational excellence and in 2016 the Maules Creek mine was awarded the NSW Minerals Council Mining Operation of the Year.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Kat Fry on 07 3023 1074, quoting ref no. JO-1908-97425. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com