About the Role
An opportunity to join the team at Maules creek as a Field Operator. You will be responsible for performing various activities within the pit to facilitate operation of the AHS.
Day to day tasks include:
- Perform autonomous haulage trucks pre-start inspection and calibration checks.
- General pit duties; i.e. lighting towers, communications trailer moves.
- Transport equipment and personnel around the mine.
- Perform switching of autonomous haulage trucks (AHTs) from manual to autonomous modes and vice versa as required.
- Perform manual operation of AHTs for road survey data collection.
- Perform manual operation of AHTs as required, e.g. to transition from autonomous operating zone (AOZ) to maintenance area for maintenance and back again.
- Perform restart of the AHTs after shutdown where required.
- Understand and comply with standard operating procedures for operating within the AOZ including entry and exit of the AOZ.
- Utilise AHS onboard systems installed in vehicles, including creating, removing & validating exclusion areas in the AHS system.
To be successful in the role you will need:
- 2 years dispatch experience.
- Willingness to relocate to Gunnedah/Boggabri/Narribri.
- Ability to undergo and pass a full coal services health medical and drug/alcohol testing.
- Right to work in Australia.
- AHS, Fleet Management System and/or Remote digital terminal experience highly desirable.
- Job stability with a permanent, full time position.
- Be home every night - no more FIFO/DIDO!
- Lifestyle roster - only work 6 months over the course of a year and be home every night.
- Competitive annual salary with bonuses!
- BIBO from multiple pick up locations in Gunnedah, Boggabri and Narrabri.
- 5 weeks annual leave.
About the Company
Whitehaven Coal is the leading Australian producer of high-efficiency, low emissions coal, and the dominant player in Australia’s only emerging high-quality coal basin. We operate four mines in the Gunnedah Basin in North West New South Wales. We are proudly local and employ locally-based employees where possible.
Whitehaven is at an exciting stage in its development with a robust development pipeline in both NSW and Queensland and real opportunities for employees to contribute to our strategic growth agenda.
Whitehaven is an ASX100 company committed to recruiting, retaining, and investing in a modern and diverse workforce, which values teamwork, respect and recognition. We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a healthy, smoke-free workplace.
About the Mine
Maules creek is Whitehaven’s newest and largest coalmine with a life-of-mine of 30 years. Located in the Gunnedah Basin, 45km southeast of Narrabri and 17km northeast of Boggabri. Whitehaven Coal strives for operational excellence and in 2016 the Maules Creek mine was awarded the NSW Minerals Council Mining Operation of the Year.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Kat Fry on 07 3023 1074, quoting ref no. JO-1908-97416. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com