A05 Strategic Procurement Advisor
|Job Title:||A05 Strategic Procurement Advisor|
|Salary:||$58 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Orla Kelly|
|Job Published:||October 17, 2019 12:41|
This position is responsible for preparing, reviewing and administering contracts. The role will be assisting in the preparation of tender documentation for various contract packages, negotiation with contractors, attending contract and site management meetings, processing claims and variations, and contract close out.
Key functions of the role include:
• Deliver the approved sourcing and contracting processes including the following steps: Planning, Market Engagement, Evaluation, Negotiation & Implementation.
• Facilitate the assessment of tenders and quotation/offers as required.
• Provide sound advice regarding the sourcing and contracting processes within the guidelines outlined in the Procurement Policy.
• Establish and manage contracts and arrangements including preferred suppliers, panel of service providers and prequalified suppliers.
• Ensure probity and accountability throughout all procurement and contract management activities in line with the relevant legislation, procurement policy and associated directives.
• Use applicable systems, such as Scout, Technology One and Contract 6, to manage procurement activities and analyse and interpret financial data.
• Manage assigned contracts and agreements through the interpretation of contract terms and conditions and thinking laterally to provide innovative solutions if issues arise.
• Apply and interpret key elements of contractual documentation.
• Regularly review processes with an emphasis on process improvement and relationship development.
• Collate and adjust sourcing and contracting documentation for sourcing projects ensuring it is fit for purpose.
• Liaison with project personnel and facilitate the effective resolution of any contractual issues.
• Compile monthly reports including costing, claims and variations.
• Administration of progress claims, variations and accounts and monitoring of expenditure against budget.
• Assist in the development and introduction of systems and processes to support users in calling tenders/quotations and coordinate the use and control of Electronic Tender boxes.
• Assist in establishing forward procurement plans/schedules and purchasing arrangements.
• Establish and maintain Corporate Contracts Register and administer tender/contract information within systems such as Contracts 6 and Scout
• Develop and deliver tools to increase understanding of procurement processes and systems and obligations when purchasing and creating contracts.
• Maintenance of records for contractual correspondence and performance.
• Work effectively as a member of the Procurement Branch and ensure the provision of quality customer service at all times.
• Continually seek out learning and development opportunities.
• Participate in Unitywater safety audits and inspections to demonstrate visible safety leadership and participation.
• Such other relevant duties as required from time to time which would generally fall within the skill and knowledge requirements for this position.
The requirements for the position are:
• Degree Qualification in an appropriate field or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the development, assessment and delivery of tenders, quotation/contractual documentation and expressions of interest preferably within a utility, energy or EPC contractor within Australia.
• A thorough understanding and application of the contract administration process.
• Effective problem-solving skills with a sound ability to identify and effectively articulate problems and issues and the capability to think laterally to provide innovative solutions.
• High level written and verbal communication skills with a demonstrated ability to provide quality customer service, project a professional image, and negotiate optimal commercial outcomes for the business at all times.
• Well-developed interpersonal and relationship skills with a demonstrated ability to participate as part of a team, sharing information and supporting others and contributing to a positive work environment.
• Effective time management and prioritisation skills with the demonstrated ability to work independently, prioritise and coordinate a range of tasks, and maintain energy and resilience to see projects through to close.
• Demonstrated experience in the Microsoft suite of products and procurement and finance systems such as Technology One, Scout and Contract 6.
• C Class Driver’s License.
- $58.00 per hour + Super
- Immediate Start
- 3 month contract
- Located in Calbooture
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's