|Posted||28 days ago|
Founded in Urumqi, China, Goldwind is one of the world's leading wind power companies. The largest player in the wind industry in China, Goldwind has a presence on six continents globally. By 2015, Goldwind was the world's number one wind turbine manufacturer by newly installed generation capacity.
About the Role
Based permanently at their Cattle Hill site this role is based in Central Highlands Tasmania, Waddamana. Reporting to the Wind Farm Site Manager, the Service Technician is responsible for assisting in the execution of the operation and maintenance to assets installed at the Wind Farm as they transition from construction to service phase.
- Assist in the completion of Wind Turbine scheduled and unscheduled maintenance.
- Cattle Hill is currently progressing from Project to Operational status.
- Assist in the completion of electrical Balance of Plant scheduled and unscheduled maintenance of 48 3MW Wind Turbines.
- Identify any risks to completing scheduled maintenance plan or performance standards and report to Site Manager.
- Support the wind farm through a 24 hour rostered on-call condition and attend to site during times outside normal hours of operation whenever necessary.
- It is essential that the service technician has:
- A current trade qualification in the form of an Electrical license; and Current drivers licence.
- Previous experience working on large industrial Electrical or Mechanical assets.
- A willingness to work in rural Tasmania.
- It is desirable but not essential that the service technician holds:
- A Construction white card.
- Working at Heights.
- HV certification.
- Previous experience working within the Wind or power industry would be ideal but not essential as would switchyard or sub-station maintenance experience.