Since 2005, Yalari has been providing Indigenous children from regional, rural and remote communities across Australia the opportunity to receive a full boarding school scholarship for their entire secondary education. Davidson are now partnering with Yalari to recruit their new Head of Fundraising.
About the Role
The Head of Fundraising will be responsible for the implementation of Yalari’s fundraising strategy, leading the fundraising team and generating fundraising revenue for scholarships, alumni and endowments. Reporting to the Managing Director and serving as a member of the Senior Executive Team, this position's primary responsibility is to develop and drive a comprehensive fundraising strategy, develop and grow the existing community of financial supporters and work with the senior executive team , Board members and colleagues to secure, retain and grow support from high value donors, corporate partners and other funders. The Head of Fundraising will lead and develop a small team of fundraisers, event and communication staff.
- Demonstrated experience developing fundraising strategy, managing fundraising programs including endowments & bequests
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
- Demonstrated experience in effectively managing staff & leading teams.
- Demonstrated track record of success in a similar role
- Successful track record of soliciting major gifts and retaining and upgrading major supporters
- A thorough understanding of current trends in professional fundraising, including donor acquisition and retention strategies, data analytics and moves management
- Ability to work independently and in a multi-disciplinary team in an effective, proactive and co-operative manner
- High level of initiative and a flexible attitude, including the capacity to acquire new skills and multi-task
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise tasks effectively to meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact effectively with a variety of supporters and corporate partners
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in a wide range of computer applications, including Microsoft Office and fundraising CRMs
- Analysis and reporting skills and experience
This a truly outstanding opportunity to work with an organisation that is making immense progress in generational change. This will be a truly rewarding role especially for anyone with a specific interest in Indigenous issues.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Jesse Klaus on 07 3023 1080, quoting ref no. JO-1909-97867. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com