About the Role
You will be involved in the provision of application development and support services to both internal and external clients. In this role you will be working as part of a small multi-disciplined team to help modernise the client's Oracle applications. The successful candidate will ideally be an experienced and innovative Oracle developer, who is willing to play a key role in the application support team.
- Undertake the activities of systems analysis, systems design, programming and testing in an Oracle environment, primarily using Oracle database technologies such as SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle APEX and Oracle Forms.
- Perform systems analysis and design in relation to new systems or the enhancement of existing systems.
- Support and maintain Oracle technical environment.
- Research, analyse and interpret current and emerging industry trends relating to the support and enhancement of Oracle technical environment.
- Assist in the development and evaluation of plans and strategies that meet the organisation’s long term technical requirements.
- Develop project plans including resource, budget and activities and assist in the preparation of feasibility studies for proposed projects.
- Contribute to the delivery of business improvement service offerings to customers through developing and applying skills in business process modelling and redesign, cause and effect logic and quality improvement techniques.
- Develop and implement appropriate standards and documentation for effective and efficient computer systems and monitor ongoing use.
- Provide timely and expert advice on application development maintenance and support issues.
- Provide high quality client service to the Unit’s customers in the areas of information management, technology development and initiatives.
- Encourage an environment in which high quality services are delivered through fostering adherence to the quality system documentation, continually seeking improvements in the way in which work is undertaken and leading by example.
Key Selection Criteria
- Applies technical knowledge and skills in order to perform the job at a high level of accomplishment in the following key areas (Functional/Technical):-
- development and support of Oracle database applications (using SQL, PL/SQL and Oracle APEX - highly desirable)
- development and support of Oracle REST services (using ORDS, JSON etc - desirable)
- development and support of Oracle Forms applications (advantages but not mandatory)
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with internal and external clients in order to meet expectations and improve service delivery. (Customer Focus)
- Applies rigorous process and logic to solve difficult problems and effective solutions. (Problem Solving)
- Utilises time efficiently by prioritising a broad range of tasks and focusing on key issues. (Priority Setting)
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Nicholas Leong on 07 3023 1069, quoting ref no. JO-1909-97891. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com