eHealth Queensland is one of the largest Information Communication Technology (ICT) operations in the state. It is responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of information systems and technologies. In collaboration with the 16 Hospital and Health Services, the Department of Health has been delivering eHealth solutions for the Queensland public health system since 2007. Queensland Health's eHealth Investment Strategy outlines the plan for investing in the digital future of Queensland Health.
About the role
Based in the Brisbane inner city suburb of Fortitude Valley and reporting to the CTO, the Senior Director, Digital Applications Services is accountable for the delivery, operational management, performance and overarching leadership for an extensive application and systems portfolio. The portfolio comprises over 120 enterprise-wide and locally based applications servicing critical clinical, business and integration functions, to an 80,000 strong workforce, across the Department of Health, 16 Hospital and Health Service and commercialised business units.
This complex, high profile role provides strategic leadership in the direction, development, implementation, maintenance, management, operational performance and governance of service management frameworks and processes to encourage a focus on end-to-end service delivery of critical clinical and business enterprise applications for Queensland Health.
We are seeking a proven executive who is eager to be an integral part of the leadership team aspiring to transform traditional ICT business functions between eHealth and its’ customers and continuously improve application service management processes, procedures and outcomes.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity you will possess:
- Proven high-level experience in senior ICT professional roles managing the service and support lifecycle and continuous improvement of enterprise application portfolios for large, complex organisations;
- Proven executive experience in leadership and strategic direction that enables the delivery of quality information technology applications and system services in a high-availability environment;
- Highly developed leadership skills and strategic planning capability to lead, manage and advocate for business and system reform within a large scale, diverse and complex organisation;
- Demonstrated analytical skills to manage complex and fast-evolving service-delivery and interpersonal skills to maintain effective working relationships with internal/external stakeholders by undertaking high level strategic negotiations, providing expert advice and resolving complex risks and issues associated with portfolio development and delivery;
- Proven business acumen, including demand, resource application management, coupled with success in delivering strategic outcomes in complex organisational environments;
- Demonstrated delivery of enhanced business outcomes and performance through the deployment of new ICT initiatives providing seamless service provision and transitioning deliverables into production;
- Possess shared vision and values that strive for customer-centricity, accountability, challenging the status quo, capability building and a commitment to creating a culture of inclusion, respect and collaboration;
- Experience in Health ICT and/or tertiary qualifications in a relevant ICT or Business discipline and certification in ITIL/ITSM are highly desirable.
- Interstate applicants are encouraged to apply
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume and a max 2 page Cover Letter addressing the "About You" section in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Gerry Deakin on 07 3023 1032, quoting ref no. JO-1909-97837. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com