Davidson in partnership with Goldwind Australia who are one of the world's leading wind power companies. The largest player in the wind industry in China, Goldwind has a presence on six continents globally. By 2015, Goldwind was the world's number one wind turbine manufacturer. They are now in the process of looking for an Installation and Commissioning Supervisor to join their project teams in Victoria.
The internationalisation of Goldwind is a key business objective. The purpose of these roles is to ensure continuity and growth of Goldwind business in Australia by progressing large scale renewable energy project development opportunities.
The Installation and Commissioning Supervisor responsible for the supervision of Goldwind Australia’s project wind turbine installation and on-site logistics operations. Support to project site teams doing the project execution is a natural extension of the role.
The purpose of the role is to:
- Manage installation and logistic subcontractors.
- Manage Goldwind Australia (GWA) installation QA documentation where required (e.g. ITP’s, Permit, SWMS etc.)
- Guide and supervise the Goldwind International (GWI) team in following Australian HSE working requirements.
- Visibly show and ensure compliance with the quality, environment, health and safety requirements of the projects.
- Support the achievement of project objectives though;
- Establishing and maintaining excellent working relationships with all stakeholders.
- Motivating and aligning work groups to achieve the project objective.
- Enhance Goldwind Australia’s reputation as a wind turbine supplier and wind farm constructor.
- Assist the Installation & Logistics Manager in the improvement of systems and documentation to support the function.
- The ideal candidate will have previous Wind turbine installation and commissioning experience.
- Qualifications in an electrical or mechanical trade.
- Knowledge of cranes and lifting operations.
- Tertiary qualifications in a related technical field.
- OHS Construction White Card.
- WHS Supervisor Training (HIRAC – Risk Management).
- First Aid.
- Working at Heights (external course).
- In addition to the salary this opportunity includes LAFHA including Accommodation, Site Uplift, Utility Bills, Food and Drink, Company Vehicle, Fuel card and Relocation Allowance paid by the company.