About the Role:
The primary function of the Network Security Solution Architect is to define and develop platforms that deliver a secure and safe data network environment .
As the Network Security Solution Architect you will:
- Analyse existing IP network security services for performance, availability, security and manageability.
- Develop a Network Security White Paper encompassing:
- An assessment of findings detailing current network security deficiencies.
- Options analysis and recommendations of contemporary network security solutions.
- Strategic recommendations for enterprise security infrastructure including a comparison of in-house and managed service platforms.
- Develop the conceptual designs of recommended solutions which may include:
- Local and enterprise Firewall solutions.
- Cisco ISE design and configuration.
- Design and implementation of wired and wireless Intrusion Prevention systems.
- Design and implementation of wired and wireless Network Access Controls.
- Integration with cloud based directory services.
- Develop detailed logical and physical designs, and technical implementation plans.
- Build and deploy proof of concept and pilot solutions as required.
- Develop detailed final as-built documentation.
- Demonstrated experience in analysing, designing, and documenting complex network security solutions for a large enterprise
- Extensive experience in facilitating workshops and strategy definition sessions.
- Demonstrated ability to perform a detailed network security options analysis and risk assessments.
- Demonstrated ability to present overviews, impacts, options and recommendations on contemporary ICT technology architecture issues and directions.
- Demonstrated ability to develop a clear and concise document justifying technical recommendations.
- Demonstrated experience in providing technical network security recommendations and advice at Executive Levels.
- Demonstrated ability to liaise and consult with line managers, technical and non-technical staff, stakeholders and customers.
- Demonstrated experience in developing technical artefacts on large scale projects including Network Security Solution Design Documents and Architectural High Level Designs.
- Demonstrated experience reviewing and assuring systems requirements, designs and implementation plans to ensure that the technology and security aspects are architecturally sound, and that they conform to standards and guidelines.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a senior network security engineer or architect capacity.
- Extensive technical experience in design, installation and support of security solutions involving firewall, authentication servers (ACS, ISE), IPS, NAC, and Content for both wired and wireless networks.
- Relevant tertiary or industry certifications
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Pooja Deshmukh on 07 3023 1078, quoting ref no. JO-1909-97864. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com