|Posted||24 days ago|
Knox City Council is a vibrant municipality encompassing the best of city and suburban living. With its unique landscape ringed with a green ribbon, the energy of a lively city and strong community feel, Knox is the preferred place to live for over 154,000 residents. As a values based organisation, supporting and empowering their people to succeed and drive excellence is imperative to maintaining a highly engaged and committed workforce.
About the Role
Davidson is proud to be partnered with Knox City Council in search for a Team Leader to join their Project Delivery Unit. This experienced engineer will be required to supervise a small, highly engaged team of engineers and project managers in the survey, design and project management of a broad range of capital works program projects.
The focus areas for the role include:
- Operating in a team-based environment and to successfully deliver on assigned capital works infrastructure projects;
- Maintaining industry best practice around the use of, and assisting in the training of staff in, contemporary computer aided design software such as AutoCAD and CivilCAD;
- Fostering a cooperative and mutually beneficial relationship with key stakeholders and program managers;
- Filling the role of Acting Coordinator Project Delivery when opportunities arise.
The ideal candidate will have good knowledge of and extensive experience within, local government engineering and strong skills in the following:
- Project management and estimating
- Project budgets
- Survey and computer aided engineering design
- Working collaboratively as part of a team in the delivery of civil engineering community based projects
The successful applicant will possess excellent technical and organisational skills and will be able to effectively communicate/negotiate with staff, government agencies, contractors, consultants and political/community leaders.
A tertiary qualification and experience in Civil Engineering alongside eligibility for membership of an appropriate professional organisation in Australia is required.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Patrick Courtney on 0426 896 442, quoting ref no. JO-1909-97836. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com