We have an exciting Policy role for an immediate start until the end of Jnauary at an A07 level ($67.08 per hour + Super). The key responsibilites will be:
- Delivering high-quality strategy development and planning services
- Leading and influencing the planning and policy activities. This includes coordinating the day-to-day functions across portfolios and branches to ensure planning and policy outcomes meet requirements and are focused on organisational priorities
- Managing the strategic, business and portfolio planning framework, the performance management and measurement cycle as well as supporting processes. This includes developing, implementing and maintaining activities such as benchmarking against national priorities, exploration into international best practice, implementing planning processes consistent with government requirements and performance monitoring in collaboration with other teamsCreating and developing the strategic, operational and portfolio plans as well as contributing to the Annual Report and the Service Delivery Statement. This also includes contributing information to and assisting with submissions and workforce planning processes
- Coordinating and facilitating the Estimates Hearing briefing process as well as the creation of briefing notes and supporting documentation.
- This also includes liaising with departmental staff on process, timeframes, submission topics and areas of interest
- Coordinating and preparing responses to time-critical ministerial, departmental and other information requestsPartnering and consulting with key internal stakeholders and leveraging staff expertise to develop creative, relevant and future focused strategies, initiatives, projects and activities. This includes collaborating on workable solutions to strategic issues, developing measure and/or key performance lead/lag indicators, facilitating strategic planning workshops, scenario forecasting and modelling sessions as well as branch consultation and team information sessions
- Coordinating and monitoring frameworks and guidelines to ensure that reporting and review schedules meet requirements and that all recommendations are actioned.
- Developing, managing and maintaining relevant policies, procedures guidelines, tools and other documents ensuring they meet best practice, and industry requirements as well as government legislation. This includes collaborating with communities of practice, industry bodies, government and organisations and targeted specialist services
- Working effectively with colleagues and peers while contributing to a productive and positive work environment in times of change and uncertainty.
- Participating in, contributing to and/or managing financial, human resource and/or ICT responsibilities as per the organisational delegations
We are seeking highly motivated, energetic and proactive people to work as part of our dynamic team. Your resume and statements need to demonstrate to us your capability and capacity for the following essential requirements of the role:
Supports strategic direction
Having a shared purpose – Strategic thinking – Harnessing information and opportunities – Judgement, intelligence and common sense
Identifying and uses resources wisely – Reviewing opportunities for improvement – Building professional expertise – Encouraging cooperation – Responsible for managing quality outcomes
Supports productive working relationships
Nurturing sustainable relationships – Working collaboratively with others – Commitment to diversity – Providing constructive feedback
Displays personal drive and integrity
Demonstrating professionalism – Engaging with risk – Personal courage – Self-awareness – Commitment to action – Personal responsibility
Communicates with influence
Communicating clearly with confidence – Tailoring style and message for the audience – Written and oral communications structured for clarity
- $67.08 per hour + Super
- Immediate Start
- Brisbane CBD location