Davidson are proud to partner with CleanCo, Queensland’s new, publicly-owned clean energy company leading our State’s transition to a clean energy future. CleanCo is at the forefront of clean and low emission energy generation. CleanCo will deliver reliable, clean energy solutions at a competitive price for Queenslanders.
In shaping the future of Queensland’s energy sector, this is an opportunity to align your experience as a Financial Accountant and Accounts Officer within a growing organisation focused on customer needs.
About the Role
Reporting to the Financial Control Manager, the Financial Accountant & Accounts Officer is responsible for overseeing all month end duties, reconciliations and regular reporting. You will also be responsible for the preparation of board reports and the billing process management of CleanCo’s network, communications and IT Services provider.
The Financial Accountant also provides general accounting support where required and ensures all activity is executed in compliance with company policy, procedures and legislative requirements. Key duties include but are not limited to:
- Prepare monthly accounting journals for approval
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations
- Develop and maintain fixed asset registers and prepare depreciation journals
- Prepare board paper and attachments for approval by the Specialist, Financial Management Accountant & Financial Control Manager
- Support outsourced accounts payable function
- Network, Communications & IT services billing process management
- Ensure CleanCo’s outsourced booking provider (HUB) produce comprehensive and accurate bank reconciliations
- Process corporate credit card payments
- Process employee expense claims
- Assist the Financial Control Manager with other accounting support activities as appropriate.
To be successful in the role you will have experience in a similar position in a commercially focused organisation. You will have experience in preparing reports and reconciliations, strong numerical and accounting skills and strong accounting system and software skills.
This is an opportunity to make a difference for Queensland consumers and contribute to a renewable future. If CleanCo’s goal to increase competition in the wholesale electricity market, lower electricity prices, and facilitate a reliable and affordable transition to increased renewable energy resonates with you, please click apply or call Scott Harding on 07 3023 1096.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). quoting ref no. JO-1909-97729. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com