Your opportunityIn this role, you will enjoy working closely with the Principal Executive Officer, Business Commercial and Performance to provide high level executive administrative support to the Business Commercial and Performance Group.
You will be required to provide consistent and reliable support to ensure the administrative needs of the office and key stakeholders are met. You will form effective working relationships with all key stakeholders both internal and external to the department and the teams within Business, Commercial and Performance group.
If you are someone who enjoys providing high-level consistent administrative support and advice, thrives in a fast-paced environment and has a passion for procurement, human resources and finance, then this is the role for you.
Our vision is to develop a thriving and inclusive Queensland, where the economy, industry and communities prosper.
We will do this by:
- leading a coordinated and strategic approach to Queensland’s medium to long-term economic development
- attracting and stimulating investment in Queensland to grow the economy and create secure, long-term jobs
- creating a diverse, productive and sustainable economy for a fairer Queensland
- enabling the development of public and private infrastructure projects that provide enduring benefits
- creating well-planned Queensland communities that are prosperous, resilient and sustainable.
- customers first
- ideas into action
- unleash potential
- be courageous
- empower people.
- Contribute to developing and maintaining effective business systems and processes
- Provide financial processing support across the group for Business, Commercial and Performance (BCP)
- Work collaboratively with finance to manage the staff establishment and contractors
- Work as part of a team to ensure the efficient operation of the division, including providing assistance and delivery high quality service to BCP
- Prepare, distribute and review regular and ad hoc human resource requests for senior management
- Assist and prepare procurement documentation to engage external providers
- Provide confidential support to the Office of the Deputy Director-General, including planning and arranging meetings, assisting with conference and occasional internal events including assistance with preparing templates and ad-hoc documentation
- Act as an effective key liaison Officer between the Office of the Deputy Director-General, Business Solutions and Partnerships and other key stakeholders internal and external to the department
- Manage ad-hoc purchases for the office including stationery and processing of purchase orders.
- Assist the Office of the Deputy Director-General, Business, Commercial and Performance with general administrative tasks as required including records management, filing and catering arrangements.
Are you the right person for the job?You will be assessed on your capability and capacity for the following in the context of the accountabilities above.
- Supports strategic direction – Thinks laterally and identifies and implements improved work.
- Achieves results – Sees tasks through to completion and commits to achieving quality outcomes.
- Supports productive working relationships – Builds and sustains positive relationships with team members and clients. Shares information and ensures others are kept informed of issues.
- Displays personal drive and integrity – Focuses on achieving objectives even in difficult circumstances. Remains positive and responds to pressure in a calm manner.
- Communicates with influence – Structures written and oral communication to ensure clarity and appropriateness of audience.