By joining the Queensland public sector, you will contribute to better outcomes for Queenslanders by implementing the policies, priorities, services or programs of the elected government.
This department achieves their goals by:
- leading a coordinated and strategic approach to Queensland’s medium to long-term economic development
- attracting and stimulating investment in Queensland to grow the economy and create secure, long-term jobs
- creating a diverse, productive and sustainable economy for a fairer Queensland
- enabling the development of public and private infrastructure projects that provide enduring benefits
- creating well-planned Queensland communities that are prosperous, resilient and sustainable.
Your contributionIn this role, you will be responsible for assisting the project marketing manager with:
- Preparing monthly reconciliations of expenditure against each project’s marketing budget.
- Compiling relevant demographic data, housing trends and competitor activity in the area surrounding the projects.
- Analysing and interpreting data for the purpose of preparing reports, submissions and plans.
- Developing and implementing strategic marketing plans for smaller projects.
- Generating creative agency briefs.
- Coordinating a range of media for marketing plans.
- Updating internet and website providers.
- Assisting in coordination of Public Relations plans to ensure effective media coverage including developing speaking points for stakeholders.
- Assisting in branding and internal fit out development of the Sales Information Offices.
- Creating and maintaining high quality brand continuity for each project.
- Developing communication pieces for distribution to regional communities ie. newsletters and letters.
- Working with a range of external suppliers, including advertising agencies and graphic designers etc, to deliver quality marketing outcomes.
- Comprehensive marketing reporting across projects which will include measuring lead volumes and conversion rates.
- Managing and implementing procedures which contribute to developing a work environment which is accountable, fair and safe that works towards achieving effective and efficient outcomes
- Coordinating and managing events onsite in both local and regional areas.
- Providing support in the delivery of flagship projects.
- In conjunction with the relevant project teams and the Director of Engagement and Marketing drive and support the planning and implementation of community engagement programs for a range of projects.
- Assist in the development and implementation of project specific strategies and programs, undertake research and provide a range of engagement services.
- Deliver community engagement strategies and consultations relating to potential development sites and appropriately manage community views and concerns in order to gain general community understanding of the intended development.
- Provide input into stakeholder database
- Travel may be a requirement of this role.
The duties listed above are indicative duties and not intended to be comprehensive. Duties may vary from time to time. You may be required to perform a range of tasks that are outside your main list of duties, but are within the limits of your skill, competency and training, or are incidental and peripheral to your main duties.
Are you the right person for the job?You will be assessed on your capability and capacity for the following in the context of the accountabilities above.
- Supports strategic direction – Thinks strategically Understands the work environment and contributes to the development of plans, strategies and team goals. Identifies broader influences that may impact on the team’s work objectives. Demonstrates an awareness of the implications of issues for own work and work area.
- Achieves results – Responds positively to change Establishes clear plans and timeframes for project implementation. Responds in a positive and flexible manner to change and uncertainty. Shares information with others and encourages cooperation in coping with change.
- Supports productive working relationships – Listens to, understands and recognises the needs of others Actively listens to staff, colleagues, clients and stakeholders. Involves others and recognises their contributions. Consults and shares information and ensures others are kept informed of issues. Works collaboratively and operates as an effective team member.
- Displays personal drive and integrity – Commits to action Takes personal responsibility for meeting objectives and progressing work. Shows initiative and does what is required. Commits energy and drive to see that goals are achieved.
- Communicates with influence – Communicates clearly Confidently presents messages in a clear, concise and articulate manner. Focuses on key points and uses appropriate, unambiguous language. Selects the most appropriate medium for conveying information and structures written and oral communication to ensure clarity.
- Relevant qualifications or equivalent experience in communication, marketing or media related industries, including the development and implementation of communication and marketing strategies