|Posted||12 days ago|
Our client is a respected multinational mining company. They are one of the largest players in their industry and are a true employer of choice in the region. They are now looking to recruit a permanent Underground Electrical Technician to join their successful team in New Zealand.
- Based permanently at site and reporting to the Site Manager, the Electrician is responsible for assisting in the execution of the operation and maintenance to the mine.
- Adhere to Work Health Safety & Environmental (WHSE) Standards & company relative policies and procedures.
- Assist in the completion of scheduled and unscheduled maintenance.
- Identify any risks to completing scheduled maintenance plan or performance standards and report to Site Manager.
- Ensure inventory levels are appropriately maintained.
- Maintain good working relationships with all stakeholders.
- Continually provide feedback to Service Site Manager on ideas or thoughts, which may contribute to developing improvements and efficiencies of work tasks.
- It is essential that the electrician has:
- A current trade qualification in the form of an Electrical license.
- Previous underground experience.
- Previous experience working on large industrial Electrical or Mechanical assets in either a construction, commissioning or maintenance environment; and working within a troubleshooting or fault finding environment.
- It is desirable but not essential that the service technician holds:
- HV certification.
- Further qualifications in the electrical, electronic or mechanical fields; and Certification in Microsoft office suite.