Reporting to the Director, Cyber Security Operations, you provide security operations support, including identification, protection, detection, response and recovery from cyber security events. The Network Security Engineer performs monitoring, analysis and response to security events and threats. As a member of the Security Operations Team, you will be required to work collaboratively, to develop sufficient understanding of all roles within the team to provide assistance to other functions as required.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be required to obtain a security clearance level of which Australian Citizenship is a condition of eligibility.
Key accountabilities include:
- Working as part of the Cyber Security Operations team to ensure the Agency's products, systems and services are managing risk appropriately and protecting customers' interests.
- Working collaboratively with Information Communications Technology (ICT) security and operational staff and consultants to ensure that security measures are implemented and operational.
- You will be part of the SOC team providing L1/2 support for their managed services customers and report directly to the SOC Manager
- You will be expose to the latest SIEM technology and the main Vendors logging, monitoring, and scanning tools
- You will be working with one of the largest teams in the country of certified consultants (Penetration Testers)
- You will have the opportunity to upskill yourself on the latest technology in the Cybersecurity domain and will be provided of training and mentoring by some of the best professionals in the market
You’re an aspiring Network Security Engineer who is interested in a role change that will help build your skills in Cyber Security. You’re excited by the importance and challenge of protecting some of the highest-profile information systems in the country. In addition, you are passionate about supporting your fellow team members and contributing in a collaborative environment.
Your experience includes:
- Experience working in complex operational ICT environments.
- Knowledge and understanding of Australian Government security standards including the Attorney General's Protective Security Policy Framework (PSPF) and the Australian Signal's Directorate Information Security Manual (ISM), or the demonstrated ability to quickly gain this.
- Experience in reviewing threat data from various sources.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently produce excellent results in a complex environment
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team and work collaboratively across a multi-team environment
- Tertiary qualifications in ICT /Cyber security or demonstrate equivalence through professional ICT certifications such as the Certified Information Systems Security Professional or other related certifications.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Ryan Armati on firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting ref no. JO-1909-97495. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com