Davidson has a fantastic opportunity with a reputable QLD Government department who are seeking a high-level communications officer for the implementation of a new system.
Purpose of the position
The Communications Officer will work within a dedicated change team, working under the Principal Communications Officer and reporting to the Organisational Change Manager, and will be responsible for developing, delivering and reviewing program-related communication activities and contributing to plans to support the implementation of the Program’s core deliverables.
You will be responsible for understanding the Program goals and objectives and the impact of the change on both internal and external stakeholders. In this role, you will be assisting with managing all end to end communications.
The successful candidate will be required to develop and promote key messages to stakeholders within the department; from executive to operational levels. The incumbent will also be required to engage closely with all involved government and non-government agencies including service providers of the future solution.
The New Program
The Program focuses on three critical capabilities:
- It is client-centric
- It is integration-enabling
- It is data driven
Key Responsibilities – Duties – Skills set
- Contribute to the development of communications strategies, plans, supporting artefacts, tools and templates (internal and external) to support the program.
- Contribute to implementing effective and coordinated change management communication and engagement activities.
- Contribute to researching, write/prepare and seek appropriate approvals for Program communication and marketing collateral including information releases, presentations, one-pagers, fact sheets, FAQs, electronic broadcasts and other communication material for a variety of audiences as identified in Program communication plans.
- Contribute to the development, monitoring and updating of the Communications schedule and tracker and other reporting materials.
- Produce high quality, effective and timely communications materials including intranet content, emails and newsletters to support the change Program
- Develop, monitor and upload program webpage content onto the Program’s intranet homepage as required.
- Work closely with the Program team, including Business Analysts, Subject Matter Experts, and the Change Management Team, to effectively plan and deliver key deliverables. Contribute to implementing and maintain effective communication channels and methods, such as SharePoint, to ensure stakeholders are kept well informed and embed feedback loops.
- Contribute to monitoring and reporting on the effectiveness of communication plans and deliverables.
- Represent the department and manage consultations with a diverse set of stakeholders, including but not limited to: other state Government departments, other levels of government, and the non-government sector.
- Contribute to the management of communication for initiatives which have multiple complex deliverables and issues with competing deadlines and priorities.
- Assist with technical editing and formatting assistance with Program deliverables and reports.
- Show a willingness to perform other duties assigned by the Principal Communications Officer, working under and supporting the Program Change Manager.
- Provide timely and quality information and advice, including written and verbal briefings and reports to senior staff within Operations Support and across government on complex and sensitive matters.
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Journalism, or related field.
- Minimum of 2 - 5 years' relevant experience in a diversified communications role.
- Strong communication and organisational skills.
- Proactive and pro-active approach
- Well developed and experie3nce skills in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe applications.
- Working knowledge and demonstrated experience in using desktop publishing software specifically (InDesign/Photoshop).
- Knowledge of contemporary communications best practice, and experience in implementing communications in practical situations within the public or private sector.
- Demonstrated ability to write and prepare internal communications, client and customer facing communications and material for publication across complex and detailed communication projects.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of relevant communication technologies to monitor and evaluate implementation.
- Proven ability to act independently to meet project goals within identified and sometimes tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated communication (both written and oral) consultation and negotiation skills with proven ability to liaise / engage with multi-disciplinary stakeholders within large, complex organisations.
- Experience delivering change communications
- Demonstrated experience in, and exposure to, project management activities, including PRINCE2 and Agile project management methodologies.
- Experience using social media and other current communication technologies.
- Communication plans and artefacts
- Change artefacts