About the Role
An opportunity to join the team at Maules creek as a Dozer Operator. You will be responsible for loading area clean up, dump management and road maintenance activities.
Day to day tasks include:
- Standard dozer duties such as the clean up of loading area, dumps and drilling areas, the clean up of coal seams and performing road maintenance as required.
- Manage the dumps including calling autonomous haulage trucks in.
- Understand and comply with standard operating procedures for operating within the autonomous operating zone, including entry and exit.
- Utilise AHS dozer on-board systems, including mapping the dynamic areas, locking and unlocking dumping bays, defining spot positions, and calling autonomous haulage trucks to dump.
AHS experience is highly desirable but not essential.
To be successful in the role you will need:
- 2 years minimum experience as a dozer operator on large mining machinery. (d10/d11)
- Willingness to relocate to Gunnedah/Boggabri/Narribri.
- Associated current VOC's
- Ability to undergo and pass a full coal services health medical and drug/alcohol testing
- Right to work in Australia
- The ability to additionally operate 350 - 800 tonne excavators highly desirable.
- Job stability with a permanent, full time position.
- Be home every night - no more FIFO/DIDO!
- Lifestyle roster - only work 6 months over the course of a year and be home every night.
- Ultra class and low hour fleet – d10 and d11.
- Competitive annual salary with bonuses!
- BIBO from multiple pick up locations in Gunnedah, Boggabri and Narrabri.
- 5 weeks annual leave/15 sick days per year.
About the Company
Whitehaven Coal is the leading Australian producer of high-efficiency, low emissions coal, and the dominant player in Australia’s only emerging high-quality coal basin. We operate four mines in the Gunnedah Basin in North West New South Wales. We are proudly local and employ locally-based employees where possible.
Whitehaven is at an exciting stage in its development with a robust development pipeline in both NSW and Queensland and real opportunities for employees to contribute to our strategic growth agenda.
Whitehaven is an ASX100 company committed to recruiting, retaining, and investing in a modern and diverse workforce, which values teamwork, respect and recognition. We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a healthy, smoke-free workplace.
About the Mine
Maules creek is Whitehaven’s newest and largest coalmine with a life-of-mine of 30 years. Located in the Gunnedah Basin, 45km southeast of Narrabri and 17km northeast of Boggabri. Whitehaven Coal strives for operational excellence and in 2016 the Maules Creek mine was awarded the NSW Minerals Council Mining Operation of the Year.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Kat Fry on 07 3023 1074, quoting ref no. JO-1908-97426. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com