|Posted||9 days ago|
About the Role
An opportunity to join the team at Maules creek as a Supervisor. You will be responsible for managing all aspects of AHS operations on shift.
Day to day tasks include:
- Supervise both the operations and AHS control center team.
- Validate the production plan.
- Oversee operations in the pit and deliver to the mine production plan.
- Coordinate with operations team to resource AHS activities.
- Support equipment operators to achieve shift outcomes.
- Responsible for all aspects of loading, hauling and dumping.
- Responsible for the safe, productive operation of the AHTs and all activities within the AOZ.
- Define, manage and ensure compliance with SOPs for operating within the AOZ including entry and exit of the AOZ.
- Understand AHS onboard systems installed in MIVs and use FMS for creating, removing & validating exclusion areas in the AHS system.
To be successful in the role you will need:
- NSW OCE certificate (or at least working towards)
- Minimum 5 years Open Cut Coal mining experience
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Familiarity with FMS, AHS and/or Dispatch.
- Familiarity with mining technology.
- Willingness to relocate to Gunnedah/Boggabri/Narrabri.
- Ability to undergo and pass a full coal services health medical and drug/alcohol testing.
- Right to work in Australia.
- Job stability with a permanent, full time position.
- Be home every night - no more FIFO/DIDO!
- Competitive annual salary with bonuses!
- BIBO from multiple pick up locations in Gunnedah, Boggabri and Narrabri.
- 5 weeks annual leave/15 sick days per year.
About the Company
Whitehaven Coal is the leading Australian producer of high-efficiency, low emissions coal, and the dominant player in Australia’s only emerging high-quality coal basin. We operate four mines in the Gunnedah Basin in North West New South Wales. We are proudly local and employ locally-based employees where possible.
Whitehaven is at an exciting stage in its development with a robust development pipeline in both NSW and Queensland and real opportunities for employees to contribute to our strategic growth agenda.
Whitehaven is an ASX100 company committed to recruiting, retaining, and investing in a modern and diverse workforce, which values teamwork, respect and recognition. We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a healthy, smoke-free workplace.
About the Mine
Maules creek is Whitehaven’s newest and largest coalmine with a life-of-mine of 30 years. Located in the Gunnedah Basin, 45km southeast of Narrabri and 17km northeast of Boggabri. Whitehaven Coal strives for operational excellence and in 2016 the Maules Creek mine was awarded the NSW Minerals Council Mining Operation of the Year.