- 6 week contract
- Band 5 pay rate
- Work within a vibrant organisation
- Inner city location
Join a progressive inner Melbourne Council with urban character, a diverse work environment and a fantastic community spirit. You will be given the opportunity to develop both professionally and personally whilst planning and delivering a range of important services and programs to the community.
- Build strong, long-term relationships with internal stakeholders and external stakeholders to co-create and co-contribute to the development and activation of specific places and the Market.
- Grow the shared economic, social, cultural, environmental and physical capital of specific places.
- Provide high level support for the Market and Placemaking team.
- Assist the Market Manager with effective coordination of day to day operations of the Market to ensure a safe, secure, clean and harmonious environment for stallholders and customers.
- Contribute to the achievement of the objectives of the Market Strategic Plan.
- Ensure implementation of, and compliance with, all relevant laws statutory regulations, standards and Occupational Health and Safety procedures for the Market.
- Actively contribute to and support the Market in the delivery of core functions and effective service delivery.
- Coordinate bookings, fees, debtors and curate stall locations for effective flow of products and categories.
- Being point of contact for current Market stallholders and prospective stallholders.
- Coordinate Market bump in and bump out on trade day, ensuring all Council Laws are adhered to maximising public safety.
- General patrol duties at the Market on Sundays.
To be successful you will posess the following:
- Demonstrated experience with council applications such as Pathway, HPE Records Manager, Computron
- Experience in facilities (e.g. property management, maintenance, market, hospitality or retail).
- Demonstrated experience and commitment to high quality administration, customer service and well developed people and time management skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal and organisational skills including ability to effectively manage own time, show initiative and prepare routine correspondence and reports.
- An ability to respond positively to challenges and people, and contribute effectively to a small team.
- Proven initiative and ability to seek solutions to problems as they arise and demonstrated willingness to undertake new tasks and learn new skills.
- Ability to work Sundays.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office applications including excel and proficiency using data base systems. Experience using data base systems such as TRIM, Pathway, Hansen, Power-budget and Computron an advantage
- Demonstrated ability to function as a member of a small team in a high pressure, service based environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate to all stakeholders some with minimal technical knowledge.
- Experience in the operational procedure of Local Government or similar organisations would be an advantage
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Paddy Courtney on 03 9929 9500, quoting ref no. JO-1908-97404. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com