|Posted||23 days ago|
Working within the Human Resources (HR) team, operating under a Business Partnership Model you will be responsible for leading the Governance and Ethics program by providing authoritative and influential advice to senior managers, work groups and the team in order to enhance business outcomes and support the achievement of corporate goals. This will include, in collaboration with the Director HR:
- Partner with internal and external stakeholdes to provde high-quality, timely and expert services tailored to business needs.
- Design and implement innovative and effective actions and processes to support the needs of the department, which reflect contemporary HR best practice.
- Oversight and management of case management processes for governance and ethics.
What you will do as Manager, Governance and Ethics:
- Build professional client relationships to create working partnerships and a high level of understanding of client needs across all levels of the organisation to facilitate quality human resource management practices throughout the Department, including leading the review, development and implementation of key governance and ethics frameworks, driving best practice processes and practices across the department to support a strong culture of appropriate behaviour and conduct.
- Provide both strategic and authoritative operational advice across all levels of the department, including Senior Executive Team members and Senior Managers in the management of governance and ethics matters, including the development of tailored case management strategies.
- Appropriately manage the assessment and referral processes of governance and ethics matters generally, including matters which may relate to Corrupt Conduct and Public Interest Disclosures (PIDs).
- Development of Governance and Ethics team members by providing and demonstrating strong leadership, mentring, guidance and coaching when undertaking governance and ethics work
- Maintain and build strong partnerships with internal and external stakeholders and including representation at meetings and representation at relevant committess and meetings
- Development and implementation of systems, processes and workflows to manage governance and ethics matters, within relevant timeframes.
- Lead the development and delivery of relevant training programs on governance and ethics and employee complaint matters.
- Review and preparation of sensitive and high level reports, submissions, briefing notes and other correspondence of a substantial and complex nature
In deciding if you’re the right person for the job, you’ll be assessed on the following key capabilities that relate to the above tasks you will do:
- Deals comfortably with uncertainty and risk to make quality decisions when all the information may not be available (Dealing with Ambiguity)
- Effectively leads and manages initiatives and projects, anticipating problems and roadblocks to ensure outcomes are achieved within agreed parameters including timeframes, resources and budgets (planning)
- Builds and sustains positive relationships with team members, stakeholders and customers. Proactively offers assistance for a mutually beneficial relationship. Anticipates and is responsive to customer and stakeholder needs and expectations. (Interpersonal Savvy)
- Leads by example, creating strong morale and team spirit by focusing on common goals, priorities and development of team members. (Building Effective Teams)
- Takes on a broad perspective and thinks laterally to pursue innovative solutions in accordance with legislation, policy and procedures. (Strategic Agility)
In addition to extensive experience in governance and ethics, while not mandatory it would be highly desirable if you possessed a tertiary qualification in Human Resources, or a related field.