|Posted||24 days ago|
With offices across three cities and 4 sets of accounts to consolidate, this leading retailer based just outside of Brisbane’s CBD are searching for a Group Financial Controller to join the team. This is a business with a great culture and unique working environment that places a huge emphasis on creating a place to work that is second to none.
You will report in to a well-qualified and knowledgeable CFO who believes in training and development and promotion from within. It is envisaged that this position will eventually lead to a permanent position. What the CFO requires in the short to mid-term is someone who can assist them with the following:
- Perform year end reporting
- Ensure monthly group consolidation and month end close is completed on time and to standards.
- Liaising and partnering with relevant divisional business units around their monthly results, challenging assumptions and results
- Review monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Provide Financial Transaction Support
- Lead and participate in a number of process improvement initiatives
- Any other ad-hoc financial reporting that may be required
You are an analytically minded person, who isn’t afraid to challenge the status quo and can apply strong reason and logic to problems. You are resilient and remain focused under pressure and in stressful situations and are adept in exploring areas for improvement in all that you do.
Outstanding written and verbal communications skills will be pivotal to your success, as will your ability to engage with all levels of the business and external parties.
Ideally, you will be degree qualified in finance or accounting and hold a CPA or CA. You will have exceptional knowledge of accounting standards and be well versed in financial statement preparation. Advanced skills in MS Excel are essential.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Michael Donnelly on 07 3023 1092, quoting ref no. JO-1908-97393. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com