Our client, based in Maroochydore are one of the largest in the region and an employer of choice, offering their team continual investment and training to support career advancement in a rewarding environment. They are now in a position to offer a Procurement Advisor with a construction background.
- This position is responsible for strategic planning and leading the source to contract process, and preparing, reviewing and administering contracts.
- You will assist in the preparation of tender documentation, negotiation with contractors, attending contract and site management meetings, processing claims and variations, and contract close out.
- Degree Qualification in a relevant field or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the development, assessment and delivery of tenders, quotation/contractual documentation and expressions of interest.
- A thorough understanding and application of the contract administration process.
- Effective problem-solving skills with a sound ability to identify and effectively articulate problems and issues and the capability to think laterally to provide innovative solutions.
- A construction background is highly desirable.
- High-level written and verbal communication skills with a demonstrated ability to negotiate optimal commercial outcomes for the business at all times.
- This is a key role that will appeal to someone who has strong stakeholder management skills, with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and possess effective time management, prioritisation and problem-solving skills and someone who is looking for their next challenge.