About the Role:
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the Electrician will be responsible for maintaining electrical equipment to ensure the safe, efficient and cost-effective delivery of plant availability across the Abbot Point Coal Terminal.
- Compliance with all legal and statutory requirements, including Queensland Health & Safety, Environmental and Maritime Acts and Regulations
- Provision of electrical maintenance activities on a broad range of equipment and infrastructure across the Port Operations
- Fault detection and rectification
- Coaching and mentoring apprentices
- Assist in creation of Work Method Statements and JSAs
- Participation in hazard and incident investigations as required
- Undertaking specific project activities as required
About the Business:
Our mission at Abbot Point Operations is to Grow Local. As we continue to build our business we understand that our operation in the Whitsunday Region is not just about our physical assets, it is about our people and the local community we are part of.
To be considered for these genuine career opportunities, you will:
- Have a recognised electrical trade qualification
- Have previous experience working a shift work roster
- Be familiar with CMMS systems (SAP preferable)
- Have current low voltage switchboard rescue and resuscitation; HV switching authorisation; and current Qld electrical licence
- Hold current high risk licences (EWP, Forklift, Franna Crane etc)
- Be a positive, enthusiastic and motivated individual with a strong focus on safety
- Have excellent communication skills (written and verbal), and proven ability to work well within a team environment
- Have proven experience working on site in operations and maintenance in a port (preferable), mining or other heavy industrial environment
- Have current or easily obtained driver’s licence, first aid certificate and Maritime Security Identification Card
This is a residential opportunity located in Bowen, with direct access to the beautiful Whitsundays.
For immediate consideration, apply now!
Applications close: 8 September 2019
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Donna Ison on 07 3023 1047, quoting ref no. JO-1908-97337. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com