|Location||Sydney C B D|
|Posted||5 days ago|
Senior Electrical Design Engineer, Protection
This government organisation has benchmarked the rail industry in regards to standards and diversity within the workforce. Forward thinking, innovative and rewarding passionate workers, being part of this team will present exciting opportunities for both personal and professional development.
Your primary purpose to provide technical expertise, including development and production of electrical protection designs and development of effective, timely and evidence based technical solutions to identified issues. Additionally you will be:
- Provide expert engineering and advice on high voltage AC and DC traction power systems, SCADA I/O and power system analogs.
- Prepare design briefs for high voltage protection and SCADA designs
- Condition monitoring and assess and recommend approval of high voltage and DC protection equipment for use in the rail network
- Production and review of high voltage protection designs
- Work alongside technical specialists to develop commissioning plans and methods for high voltage equipment to enable design verification
- Preparation and evaluation of technical feasibility studies
- Monitor industry research and development relating to protection and control and its application to the organisation.
To be successful in this role you will need a tertiary qualification in electrical engineering, in combination with proven experience with electrical HV protection and protection design. Previous experience in design, construction or maintenance of power systems infrastructure including transmission lines, substations and HV cables is advantageous.
This organisation actively works towards a flexible working environment and a dynamic workforce. We inspire and like to see people from all backgrounds to apply and we do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Liisa Olsson on 02 8093 0617, quoting ref no. JO-1908-97178. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com