|Posted||9 days ago|
Whitehaven Coal is the leading Australian producer of high-efficiency, low emissions coal, and the dominant player in Australia’s only emerging high-quality coal basin. We operate six mines in the Gunnedah Basin in North West New South Wales and have developed a reputation for excellence in operations, project delivery and safe and efficient operations. We are proudly local and employ locally-based employees where possible.
Whitehaven is an ASX100 company committed to recruiting, retaining, and investing in a modern and diverse workforce, which values teamwork, respect and recognition. We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a healthy, smoke-free workplace.
About the Mine
Maules creek is Whitehaven’s newest and largest coalmine with a life-of-mine of 30 years. Located in the Gunnedah Basin, 45km southeast of Narrabri and 17km northeast of Boggabri.
Whitehaven Coal strives for operational excellence and in 2016 the Maules Creek mine was awarded the NSW Minerals Council Mining Operation of the Year.
About the Area
Gunnedah is the hub of one of Australia's richest agricultural regions - the Liverpool Plains in North West New South Wales - and is located on the Kamilaroi and Oxley Highways. Gunnedah has a great variety of shopping, dining and entertainment venues. Residents and visitors will appreciate the variety of great cuisine that the local restaurants, pubs, clubs and takeaway venues have to offer.
You will marvel at the beauty of the district and enjoy the hospitality and comfort that only the local people can offer. Genuine smiles and the natural beauty of the landscape paint a picture of real country Australia.
The Role - Health & Safety Superintendent
A superintendent position has become available within Health & Safety team, based at our Maules Creek Open Cut Coal Operation in NSW.
Reporting to the HSE Manager, you will need to be a creative safety thinker with a good analytical mind and an eye for detail. You will apply your extensive experience in safety management systems, WHS legislation and the broader WHS Act, Regulations, Codes of Practice and Australian Standards to drive continual improvement and support the development of workforce capabilities.
Whilst being focused on the need for compliance, you will be an engaging person who can listen, develop strong relationships and be a confident communicator at all levels of the organisation. You will be single minded in the pursuit of the work required to close systems gaps identified via audit, thorough analysis and consultation and then proactively implement effective solutions and documentation.
On a day to day basis you will be:
- Supporting line management and monitoring the quality of HS risk assessments, event investigation
- Facilitating risk assessments and managing risk management processes
- Coaching influence and providing technical expertise to all levels of the workforce
- Developing and undertaking effective OHS audits and inspections
- Undertaking effective incident investigations (ICAM qualification preferred)
- Coordinating emergency management activities on site
To be successful within the role you will need:
- A minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- A relevant qualification (minimum diploma level)
- Knowledge of WHS legislation and statutory requirements in the mining sector
- Strong commitment to workplace safety and ability to act as a role model
- High level oral and written communication skills, particularly in delivering information and liaising stakeholders
- Strong problem solving skills and initiative to drive change for improvement
- Highly motivated with an ability to prioritise and work well under pressure
- Passion to protect the health and well being of people
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Kat Fry on 02 8093 0629, quoting ref no. JO-1908-97152. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com