This role is responsible for coordinating and providing operational third tier IT infrastructure maintenance and support.
- Undertake the development and maintenance of procedures and guidelines to ensure continuous improvement of the operations.
- Provide third level support and maintenance of the Departmental IT infrastructure.
- Research problems and resolve issues to ensure reliable and available services.
- Analyse, advise, recommend and plan maintenance upgrades or enhancements requests for the Departmental IT infrastructure.
- Participate in the development, design, implementation and evaluation of whole of Government IT related initiatives.
- Liaise with the relevant internal and external stakeholders on matters relating to troubleshooting and upgrade information.
- Provide and maintain timely, client focused network problem and service management for IT services and facilities.
- Provide feedback to clients and management regarding the status of problems and service requests to ensure that agreed service levels and client service standards are achieved.
Caniddate for this role will be someone who can demonstrate the following key attributes as they apply to the key responsibilities of the role.
- High level knowledge of the principles and practices of Information Technology, in particular complex network issues and the ability to apply this knowledge in a network environment.
- Demonstrated technical skills in the implementation, support and maintenance of a large network environment.
- Analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to maintain, support and implement upgrades to the department’s IT infrastructure.
- Interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate orally as well as in the written form in providing clear explanations for Information Technology problems.
- Commitment to client service and the ability to identify opportunities for improvements to service through knowledge of contemporary IT initiatives.
- Cloud technologies
- Microsoft Azure cloud technologies
- Data centre infrastructure
- Hardware Monitoring
- Backup and recovery technologies and principles
- Resource and Capacity Planning
- Operating System Deployment
- Software Deployment
- Patch management
- Active Directory Domain Services 2008 R2 functional level and above
- Certificate Services
- Microsoft Windows Server Environment (2008 R2 – Current)
- VMware vSphere 6.5 utilising Enterprise Plus features
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Pooja Deshmukh on 07 3023 1078, quoting ref no. JO-1908-97125. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com