The successful candidate will:
- Implement, maintain and continuously improve a documented, systems-based approach to managing the high volume, sensitive and diverse incoming written correspondence, phone calls
- Provide high level, professional and confidential secretarial, administrative assistance to the CEO.
- Using a refined sense of urgency and a high level of judgement and initiative, initiate and follow up on appropriate action and reporting for or on behalf of the CEO liaising with relevant internal and external parties.
- Manage the CEO's diary, making and confirming any meetings, appointments and public appearances in consultation with the CEO, and ensuring the provision of all relevant information in preparation for diary commitments.
- Facilitate the CEO's communication with various departments.
- prepare and produce reports, presentations and business papers as requested to the highest professional standard.
- Advise and regularly brief the CEO of matters which require personal attention, with all relevant deadlines and prepared documentation.
- Research, make considered recommendations and implement special projects as requested by the Chief Executive Officer.
- Provide administrative support to Executive Management Team meetings, including scheduling of weekly executive team meetings, strategy meetings, and other ad hoc meetings and team activities as they arise. Proactively identify and take any follow up action arising from all relevant meetings.
Experience and Skills:
- Experience in previous similar role providing high quality, confidential, timely, efficient and professional administrative support services.
- High level of flexibility to meet sometimes rapidly changing priorities and variable working duties and hours.
- Ability to anticipate CEO needs, and provide reference material in advance so CEO is prepared and informed when discussing issues, attending meetings etc.
- Skills in managing time, planning and organising own work and setting priorities despite a conflicting and often changing schedule.
- Skills in preparation of confidential correspondence and reports that are clear and concise.
- High level of integrity, sense of urgency and working in a government environment.
- High interpersonal skills able to establish positive and effective working relationships with a wide range of people.
- Ability to maintain professional discretion in managing commercially or politically sensitive information.
- High standard of verbal and written communication to reflect a professional standard of interaction, in dealing with elected representatives, management, employees, external organisations and their representatives.
- Diploma of Business (or similar) and/or substantial experience in a similar role.
- Degree in public administration or business management (or similar) will be highly regarded.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com