|Posted||17 days ago|
Tasked with improving health outcomes for Australians through the delivery of digital healthcare systems and the national digital health strategy for Australia, the Australian Digital Health Agency commenced operations in July 2016 and is responsible for national digital health services and systems, with a focus on engagement, innovation, clinical quality, and safety. The Agency’s focus is on putting data and technology safely to work for patients, consumers and the healthcare professionals who look after them.
About the Role
Reporting directly to the Director – Security Engineering, Cyber Security Centre, the Cyber Security Architect provides security advice into the design, build and test of the Agency’s digital health systems to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of all information assets. The cyber security architect will work alongside a dynamic team of professionals to collaboratively achieve the Agency’s business objectives.
Key accountabilities include:
- Develop and maintain the security architecture for the Agency’s systems and services.
- Define and maintain ‘standard patterns’ that are aligned with the Agency’s Security Architecture and provide secure solutions to common design problems.
- Identify and incorporate appropriate security measures in the development of ICT projects and the information security program.
- Develop, maintain and review requirements, solution design documentation, test documentation, technical specifications, security documentation, standard operating procedures and other documentation related to large Information Communications Technology (ICT) systems.
- Guide the selection of appropriate strategies to mitigate security risks.
- Support the Certification and Accreditation of Agency systems.
- Coordinate and contribute to security assessment and compliance activities, such as IRAP assessments, security testing, and Threat and Risk Assessments.
- Lead or support the procurement of security related products and services as directed by senior team members.
- Manage or coordinate the delivery of security products and services by external providers.
- Prepare and deliver presentations, minutes, briefing papers, guidance and advice for stakeholders at Executive, business and technical levels.
- Coach or supervise junior staff members as required.
You’re an experienced and self-motivated Cyber Security Architect who is excited by the importance and challenge of protecting some of the highest-profile information systems in the country. In addition, you are passionate about working in a team of experienced professionals and contributing in a collaborative environment.
Your experience includes:
- Strong background in Security Architecture and/or Design.
- Minimum 3 years' demonstrated experience, in the architecture and or design of controls to mitigate Cyber risk.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team with diverse skill sets to deliver outcomes against competing priorities and deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to innovate and resolve issues to complex business problems while achieving a positive outcome.
- A drive to liaise, engage and collaborate with internal or external professionals to resolve assessments, complete analysis or to ensure positive outcomes.
- Knowledge of cyber security best practices and Australian Government security standards, such as, the Information Security Manual (ISM) and Protective Security Policy Framework (PSPF).
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills, including writing for a wide range of technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience with developing artefacts within architectural frameworks such as SABSA or TOGAF highly regarded.
- Design / controls experience with IAM or Cloud systems would be highly regarded.
- Tertiary qualifications in ICT security and ICT management, or demonstrated equivalence through work experience, or professional ICT certifications such as the Certified Information Systems Security Professional or Certified Information Security Manager.
- Security clearance: NV1 or ability to gain a NV1 clearance.
EL1 Level - $118,299 - $134921 p.a. Package.
This role may be eligible for a specialised technical skills retention allowance which will be considered based on the skills and capabilities of the successful candidate.
Please note that general technical and psychometric testing may be required as a part of the recruitment process for shortlisted candidates.
The Agency operates under a dual employment framework and this role may be offered as either an APS (Australian Public Service) or Common Law role.
The successful candidate will be required to obtain a security clearance to a NV1 level of which Australian Citizenship is a condition of eligibility.
Applications close C.O.B. Thursday 22nd August, 2019.
If this opportunity resonates with you, please click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx).
If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Gerry Deakin on 07 3023 1032, quoting ref no. JO-1908-96927. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com