Wingecarribee Shire, nestled in the Southern Highlands of New South Wales, offers an idyllic lifestyle capturing both cosmopolitan and rural living. With its three major towns of Bowral, Mittagong and Moss Vale, the Shire also offers many smaller towns and villages all with their unique characters and qualities. The Shire’s towns and villages are separated by productive and picturesque farmland offering a real sense of rural living. All this is less than an hour from the southern outskirts of Sydney, just over an hour from the northern outskirts of Canberra and about half an hour from the beaches of the Illawarra and South Coast. We are the centre of the golden triangle. This is why Wingecarribee Shire has become so attractive to those looking for a tree change but still wishing to have easy access to the City.
About the Role
The role of Business Solutions Project Manager will be responsible for leading and managing the implementation of major technology projects as a part of Council’s Business Transformation Program. This will include liaising with ICT team members, third-party vendors, suppliers and key stakeholders within the business. The Business Solutions Project Manager will be delivering consistency through effective quality assurance and adherence to IT industry standard project management methodologies.
- Oversee consistent and professional delivery of major technology projects as a part of Council’s Business Transformation Program.
- Define high-level project plans, schedules, tasks and resource requirements against timelines and budget.
- Work effectively with key stakeholders to analyse their requirements and develop tender documentation, manage the approach to market and co-ordinate and document the proposal evaluation process.
- Identify, document and mitigate risks to project delivery and project success
- Co-ordinate project staff across multiple ICT teams and external vendor resources
- Liaise with other ICT support teams to lead the planning and implementation according to ICT’s change management and systems implementation process
- Demonstrated IT project leadership and management skills in a medium to large organisation
- Previous experience in managing upgrades or applications transformation projects.
- Ability to develop project proposals, project plans, business requirements, technical specifications, resource plans, workflow documents and project reports
- Facilitation skills – the ability to plan and effectively facilitate project meetings and stakeholder workshops such that target outcomes are effectively achieved
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills with the ability to work with vendors and staff at all levels of the organisation
- Ability to work under pressure managing and prioritising multiple tasks and conflicting work priorities.
Formal Project Management certifications in Prince 2 or Agile project methodologies.
Very good opportunity to work within a progressive Council with great career opportunities.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Davidson Technology representative Spencer Stirrat on 02 8093 0620