- Band 7 Role
- Inner city location
- Full time security with commitment to work/life balance
About the Company
A diverse, vibrant, and proud city focused on people-based places, environmentally sustainable practices and opportunities to enhance community health and wellbeing through education, responsive services and participation in community life. The municipality itself is a dynamic gateway to the Western Region with its close proximity to ports, rail freight terminals, airports and major highways. It provides easy access to all the benefits of Melbourne such as the Docklands and an extensive public transport system.
Primary objectives of the role
-To play a leading role in ensuring that all relevant Building Control Acts and Regulations are adhered to and that Council minimises any risk of liability in building surveying determinations and decisions that are made.
-Assist in the development of a culture of quality, industry best practice and customer focus across the building control area.
-Assist in the development of, review and streamlining of systems and processes within the team to ensure flexible and responsive service delivery with a client service and industry best practice focus.
You will be expected to deliver a range of quality building control services across the organisation encompassing:
- Compliance with building control legislation and regulation and Council policy.
- Issue Building permits and undertake assessment and approvals related to building applications.
- Undertake Building inspections on buildings, hoardings and for siting dispensations
- Inspect buildings and works as required under the direction of the Municipal Building Surveyor;
- Prepare correspondence relating to reports and enquiries for the perusal of the Municipal Building Surveyor;
- Conduct Essential Safety Measure inspections under the direction of the Municipal Building Surveyor, and report accordingly
To be successful you will need the following
- Tertiary qualifications in Building Surveying ideally supported by membership of an appropriate professional body.
- Registered Building Practitioner in the category class of building surveyor unlimited in the State of Victoria.
- Several years of demonstrated and successful experience in a building surveying role in an urban environment, particularly essential safety measures.
- Demonstrated success in delivering value-for-money service levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability in managing time, setting priorities, and planning and organising work to achieve set objectives in the most efficient way possible despite conflicting pressures.
- Ability to liaise with and resolve issues with residents, developers, consultants and authorities.
- Current valid drivers licence.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Paddy Courtney on 03 9929 9537, quoting ref no. JO-1907-96882. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com