|Posted||14 days ago|
Gunnedah Shire is one of Australia’s richest agricultural regions and a vibrant, warm and friendly town surrounded by the expansive Liverpool Plains and framed by the Nandewar. It is an incredibly safe and welcoming place to live and raise a family away from the rat race. Gunnedah has a great variety of shopping, dining and entertainment venues with both visitors and residents appreciating a variety of great cuisine and lifestyle that the local restaurants, pubs, clubs and takeaway venues have to offer.
Gunnedah is a centre for a number of regional industries exporting to overseas markets including grain production, cotton processing, animal feed production, brick manufacturing, leather processing and coal mining. This, alongside a thriving commercial and retail service sector ensure that Gunnedah has a diverse and skilled employment base within the Shire.
With Growth projected throughout the next decade, this is an exciting time for council as they support the community through this period of change. If you are looking for a new exciting challenge coupled with a work/life balance and fantastic lifestyle, this opportunity could be for you.
About the role
A role specific brochure can be find below:
- Obtain and review management plans (Safety, environmental, quality) review program, insurances, long service levies and other initial contract deliverables.
- Review progress claims and recommend schedules for payment.
- Respond to requests for information and arrange for release of witness and hold points.
- Receive, assess and recommend acceptance or rejection of any claims from the contractor for extensions of time or variations to the contract price.
- Manage the interface between equipment contracts suppliers and construction contractors.
- Generally manage risks on behalf of GSC.
- Provide regular verbal and written reports back to GSC on progress and management of the risks.
- Resolve any technical and contractual issues which may arise from time to time during the construction period.
- Arrange and attend monthly progress meetings.
- Conduct onsite audits of Contractor's WHS.
- Conduct onsite audits of the contractor’s environmental matters and compliance with the REF.
- Management of defects.
- Inspecting of foundations for structures and formwork prior to major concrete pours.
- Inspection and approval of all buried infrastructure prior to backfilling.
- Testing of major water retaining structures.
- Compaction testing and concrete testing.
- Tertiary Qualifications in Engineering, Construction Management or Project Management
- Demonstrated experience in project Management and/or contract management.
- Demonstrated skills in successful people management.
- Demonstrated decision-making skills.
- High level communication skills both written and oral.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing workplace safety, quality systems and environmental assessment.
- Current class C Drivers licence
Gunnedah is a hidden Gem. Experience all of the advantages of city living couples with a real work life balance. Huge Career within Council and the chance to be part of and future of the community.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Amy Frew on 02 8093 0615, quoting ref no. JO-1906-95998. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com