About the Role:
This senior role reports to the Port Operations Manager at Abbot Point Operations. The successful applicant will drive collaboration to lead the successful delivery of protective coating, planned shutdown maintenance and ancillary activities for the port in accordance with the strategic plan.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Protective Coating and painting project management in a marine based environment
- Contractor management
- Leadership in health, safety, environmental, quality, risk management, employee relations and community management considering obligations across operational areas of responsibility
- Financial management and budgeting
- Developing and maintaining strong key stakeholder relationships
- Change management execution activities
About the Business:
Our mission at Abbot Point Operations is to Grow Local. As we continue to build our business, we understand that our operation in the Whitsunday Region is not just about our physical assets, it is about our people and the local community we are part of.
To be considered for this leadership opportunity, you will:
- Have recognised tertiary degree qualifications in Engineering, Construction Management, Business Management or equivalent or trade level equivalent qualifications and experience
- Have significant, recent leadership experience in painting and/or ancillary and contractor management activities across port operations or large industrial sites
- Have demonstrated client and key stakeholder management skills
- Be a positive and enthusiastic individual holding safety at the highest regard.
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to take accountability for work productivity whilst contributing to dynamic and proactive teams.
- Advanced computer skills particularly MS office programs Word and Excel and SAP experience desirable
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills
- Current driver’s licence and ability to obtain first aid certificate and Maritime Security Identification Card as required.
This is a residential opportunity located in Bowen, with direct access to the beautiful Whitsundays.
For immediate consideration, apply now
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Donna Ison on 07 3023 1047, quoting ref no. JO-1907-96568. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com