Davidson are proud to be continuing to partner with Goldwind as they bring quality talent into their world class teams. Goldwind is one of the world's leading wind power companies and has a presence on six continents globally. They have established themselves as the world's number one wind turbine manufacturer by newly installed generation capacity. We are now in the process of recruiting a Contracts Manager to join the team in a permanent, full time position.
The Contracts Manager is accountable to the Senior Contracts and Commercial Project Manager for managing the contractual and commercial activities which support the delivery of renewable energy projects in Australia and Asia/Pacific Regions. The purpose of the role is to:
- Manage the preparation and negotiation of client and supply chain contracts to execution, including RFT / RFQ, project cost estimates, cash flow and contract schedules.
- Obtain competitive supply of goods and services for projects with a risk profile that matches company requirements.
- Ensure company commercial risk position is adequately managed in the lead up to client contract and subcontract negotiations.
- Ensure that customer requirements and project risks are adequately addressed.
- Establish and maintain relationships with subcontractors, suppliers and consultants.
- Prepare contract templates for use across multiple projects.
The scope of the role covers:
- Maintaining market knowledge of contracting options and competitor / supply chain strategies.
- Preparation of contracts for construction, including tendering and engagement of contractors.
- Technical documentation review with regards to contractual alignment.
- Frequent contact with suppliers and subcontractors for potential projects.
- Risk management.
- Communication and coordination activities.
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering or related discipline.
- Business Management and Commercial qualifications will be highly regarded.
- Experience in the wind industry is NOT essential. Ideally you will have experience in power, infrastructure, construction and/or oil and gas.
- Experience with estimating, tendering, negotiation and administration of construction contracts.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritise accordingly and meet deadlines.
- Understanding of contracts, schedules, documentation management and financial administration.
- Ability to work effectively across Australia and other jurisdictions.
- Occasional travel – mainly regional and interstate but overseas if required.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact George Hall on 07 3023 1054, quoting the job title. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com