Water is essential for life. At Seqwater, it is our job to provide a safe, secure and reliable water supply for more than three million people across South East Queensland. Our employees live and work in the communities we serve, and our team proudly works together to deliver on our vision of water for life. As a Queensland Government statutory authority, we provide irrigation water to 1,200 rural customers in seven water supply schemes, we provide essential flood mitigation services to the region as well as manage recreational use in our catchment areas. Our operations extend from Gympie to the New South Wales border, and west to the base of the Toowoomba ranges making us one of Australia's largest and most diverse water businesses.
Reporting into the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and as a member of the executive leadership team (ELT), you will develop the leadership, management and technical capability of Seqwater to enable them to deliver the People, Safety and Culture strategic agenda and respond positively to the complex and changing work environment.
You will lead and drive exceptional performance through fostering a high-performance culture and leading organisational change. You will review, enhance and implement the People, Culture & Safety strategies ensuring a safe, inspiring and diverse workplace where learning is encouraged, and people are supported. You will lead organisational culture initiatives, programs and leadership development, fostering collaboration and teamwork.
You will lead the development of and embed a safety culture throughout the business to ensure people under our care are safe and well and work collaboratively with the executive team to deliver the agreed strategic outcomes and identify new opportunities.
Key responsibilities also include:
- Strategically measuring and defining Seqwater culture and creating clarity around the influence of culture on workplace performance.
- Leading the development of people management strategies to improve capability across all levels of the business.
- Ensuring change management is exercised and facilitates the success of significant, organisation wide programs and maximises employee engagement to change.
- Leading the creation of a working environment that authorises employees to take ownership of their work, encourages innovative thinking, teamwork, diversity, and a flexible and enthusiastic work culture.
- Influencing the ELT and leadership groups as to the drivers of change within the business and gaining support for strategic programs of work to deliver the cultural improvement programs of work.
- Ensuring the implementation of safety and culture strategies across all levels of the business are reasonably resourced and effectively deployed through business consultation and change management frameworks.
- Designing and implementing the safety system to ensure the safety culture is enhanced and the end-state safety KPI’s are achieved.
- Leading the safety team’s processes and methods to form BAU for all Seqwater areas.
- Participating in on-call, emergency and incident management rosters as required.
To be successful in this position, you will possess:
- Senior leadership experience in complex organisations, preferably within a business environment that is highly regulated.
- Demonstrated experience in providing complex business solutions and strategic advice addressing major people and cultural transformational programs.
- Experience leading a safety culture in a high risk environment and in-depth knowledge and understanding of the regulatory frameworks associated with workplace health & safety.
- A demonstrated appetite for learning and applying contemporary leadership qualities that builds trust, collaboration and a high degree of ownership to personal, team and organisational commitments. As well as a desire to lead change, create a shared sense of purpose, and drive and deliver high performance with consideration to operational excellence and a positive and safety-conscious culture.
- Superior stakeholder engagement skills and the ability to engage with a profile range of external stakeholders such as Regulators, Ministers and Government Departments, Councils, other Water Entities and Industry bodies.
- Tertiary qualifications in Human Resources, Business Administration, Business Management or related discipline, MBA highly regarded.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Word format. If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact David (Will) Wilson on 0407 573962 or email@example.com quoting ref no. JO-1907-96352.