Water is essential for life. At Seqwater, it is our job to provide a safe, secure and reliable water supply for more than three million people across South East Queensland. Our employees live and work in the communities we serve, and our team proudly works together to deliver on our vision of water for life. As a Queensland Government statutory authority, we provide irrigation water to 1,200 rural customers in seven water supply schemes, we provide essential flood mitigation services to the region as well as manage recreational use in our catchment areas. Our operations extend from Gympie to the New South Wales border, and west to the base of the Toowoomba ranges making us one of Australia's largest and most diverse water businesses.
Reporting into the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and as a member of the executive leadership team (ELT), you will lead the Major Projects group to effectively set and implement the strategy and framework for the planning and delivery of Seqwater’s investments in complex and high value capital projects across our bulk water supply network.
As the General Manager Major Projects you will be accountable for the end-to-end major projects process and delivery within approved timeframes and budget. Using your excellent strategic focus and significant leadership capabilities you will lead a multidisciplinary team of contractors and employees in the planning and delivery of a portfolio of large-scale capital projects.
- The safe and effective delivery of the Major Capital Program within agreed parameters.
- The provision of methodologies and driving best practice in capital delivery systems and processes.
- Ensuring optimisation of core services for customers while carrying out delivery of capital works in the community.
- Continuous improvement of the quality and efficiency of our capital delivery activities
- Managing the organisation's relationships with Major Project Delivery partners, industry design consultants and construction contractors.
- Ensuring appropriate commercial and project management expertise exists to assist with the delivery of major program initiatives across the business.
- Driving the most efficient business processes through effective utilisation of technology and systems.
To be successful in this position you will possess:
- Extensive leadership experience in complex environments, preferably within an economically regulated utility business or equivalent sectors.
- Proven experience managing a Portfolio Office supporting major project delivery, including monthly reporting, cost control and project lifecycle scheduling.
- A demonstrated appetite for learning and applying contemporary leadership qualities that builds trust, collaboration and a high degree of ownership to personal, team and organisational commitments. As well as leading change, creating a shared sense of purpose, and driving and delivering high performance with consideration to operational excellence and a positive and safety-conscious culture.
- Knowledge of life cycle asset management of infrastructure and broad understanding of technical trends, and relevant statutory, environmental, quality management, WHS and planning issues.
- The capacity to provide leadership in asset management transformation to a diverse organisation and identify and develop strategies aimed at business improvement
- Understanding of longer term environmental, technology, economic and community trends and their combined impact on the future of water.
- Experience in coordination, preparation and administration of budgets and long term financial forecasting/modelling, as well as preparation of monthly, half-yearly and annual financial project reports.
- Superior stakeholder engagement skills and the ability to engage with a profile range of external stakeholders such as Regulators, Ministers and Government Departments, Councils, other Water Entities and Industry bodies.
- Seizes situations involving disruption, ambiguity and volatility to create new opportunities for value for Seqwater and its stakeholders.
- Tertiary qualifications in a related discipline (Qualifications in Engineering and/or Project Management preferable, MBA preferred.