Abbot Point Operations is committed to the safe delivery of port operation activities at the Abbot Point Coal Terminal.
The Port of Abbot Point is 25 km north of Bowen, surrounded by the pristine Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority and nearly Whitsunday Islands.
As a sustainable business with a strong commitment to the development of its people, Abbot Point Operations requires passionate and innovative individuals who have an interest in joining a progressive organisation leading the way toward a rewarding career.
If you are motivated and genuinely dedicated to your career in the prosperous and exciting Queensland Resources Industry then read on.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Port Operations Manager, the Planning and Engineering Superintendent will ensure an efficient maintenance management system, overseeing project management and reliability strategies to ensure engineering efficiency. Operational Performance must be optimised, cost effective and compliant to all procedures, policies and legal and contractual requirements.
- Demonstrate strategic thinking by implementing and planning maintenance activities for site.
- Planning and management of critical spares
- Management of condition monitoring workflow processes
- Ensure a high performing safety culture by encouraging input from key stakeholders
- Demonstrated leadership skills, ability to act as a strong a positive example to the workforce.
- Significant proven ability in commercial acumen, through cost analysis
- Building and managing maintenance budget
- Development of Asset Management long term plans for critical assets
- Manage the major maintenance activities – scheduling and costs
- Support Capital projects team in identifying relevant projects and prioritise them
- Ability to influence others and able to gain agreements and commitment
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving capability
- Driver of continuous improvement and innovation
- Previous experience in Ports/Logistics will be advantageous
To be considered for this genuine career opportunity, you will:
- Have recognised tertiary degree qualifications in Mechanical Engineering
- Hold RPEQ certification
- Be a positive and enthusiastic individual holding safety at the highest regard.
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to take accountability for work productivity whilst contributing to dynamic and proactive teams.
- Proven experience working on site in operations and maintenance in a port (preferable), mining or other heavy industrial environment is ideal
- Current driver’s licence, and ability to obtain first aid certificate and Maritime Security Identification Card as required.
For immediate consideration, apply now!
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Donna Ison on 07 3023 1047, quoting ref no. JO-1907-96837. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com