Water is essential for life. At Seqwater, it is our job to provide a safe, secure and reliable water supply for more than three million people across South East Queensland. Our employees live and work in the communities we serve, and our team proudly works together to deliver on our vision of water for life. As a Queensland Government statutory authority, we provide irrigation water to 1,200 rural customers in seven water supply schemes, we provide essential flood mitigation services to the region as well as manage recreational use in our catchment areas. Our operations extend from Gympie to the New South Wales border, and west to the base of the Toowoomba ranges making us one of Australia's largest and most diverse water businesses.
Reporting into the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) you will be responsible for establishing the long-term business strategy, including water supply security strategy and policy direction for Seqwater, establishing the service needs & standards, including long term investment, strategic challenges and reviewing the proposed options generated to meet the business’s strategic requirements.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leading the development of Seqwaters strategic planning frameworks.
- Engaging with government stakeholders to clarify investment expectations and outcomes in delivery products, services levels & standards.
- Integrating the long-term water supply and corporate strategy processes to deliver a cohesive strategic planning program to all of Seqwater.
- Ensuring Seqwater's corporate strategic focus is supported by a relevant strategy framework that delivers the right long-term organisational priorities that are embedded into the business performance/measurement and reporting systems.
- Leading the water security program and providing industry leadership and support for program implementation.
- Providing stewardship to the water security body of work to ensure research and solutions meet the long-term future water needs for the SEQ region.
- Working closely with the Chief Operating Officer to align future asset requirements with tactical asset planning and life cycle management.
- Directing the strategic economic and financial analysis, recommendations, support and advice to inform effective decisions that enable informed business outcomes, such as common economic analysis throughout the business.
- Overseeing compliance with the regulatory planning and operations authorities and engaging these bodies to maintain good corporate relations.
- Influencing government strategies on regulatory pricing with external agencies including the price regulator and supporting agencies through the utilisation of Seqwater's economic modelling and financial analysis.
- Overseeing the communication program with a key focus on external key stakeholders and the wider community to facilitate Seqwater's image as a trusted water industry leader.
- Delivering a customer engagement framework that aligns Seqwater's business units and processes in dealing with customers, regulators and policymakers.
To be successful in this position you will possess:
- Extensive knowledge of infrastructure planning and a broad understanding of technical trends, and relevant statutory, environmental, quality management, health and safety and planning issues.
- Extensive experience and appreciation for customer engagement programs.
- Proven commercial acumen industry-specific solutions aligned to improving the overall performance and reliability of the operating assets.
- High-level communication, negotiation and influencing skills with the ability to represent (to a high standard) effectively to industry, governments, suppliers, stakeholders and individuals in the community.
- Tertiary qualifications in a related discipline (Engineering, Business, Management or related discipline and commensurate experience that can be associated with the position requirements). Post Graduate qualifications would be highly regarded.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Word format. If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact David (Will) Wilson on 0407 573962 or email@example.com quoting ref no. JO-1907-96353.