Water is essential for life. At Seqwater, it is our job to provide a safe, secure and reliable water supply for more than three million people across South East Queensland. Our employees live and work in the communities we serve, and our team proudly works together to deliver on our vision of water for life. As a Queensland Government statutory authority, we provide irrigation water to 1,200 rural customers in seven water supply schemes, we provide essential flood mitigation services to the region as well as manage recreational use in our catchment areas. Our operations extend from Gympie to the New South Wales border, and west to the base of the Toowoomba ranges making us one of Australia's largest and most diverse water businesses.
Reporting into the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and as a member of the executive leadership team (ELT), you will be responsible for providing a true customer-orientated and responsive corporate services function to support the business, whilst providing strategic advice to the CEO, Executive Leadership Team and the Board. You will partner the leadership team in developing and implementing Seqwater’s strategy whilst being accountable for the following functions:
- Financial strategy, management and governance
- Procurement, property and fleet
- Legal services (Corporate)
- Payroll Services
You will be responsible for ensuring Corporate Services are efficient, effective and fit for purpose services. This includes transactional business processes as well as the appropriate strategic partnership capability to ensure operational leaders are coached and facilitated in executing their roles, and the strategic drivers of the business are reinforced and adopted in the partnership model.
To be successful in this position, you will possess:
- Senior management experience within a Shared or Corporate Services function and proven strategic financial/commercial acumen in complex, asset intensive industries.
- A demonstrated appetite for learning and applying contemporary leadership qualities that builds trust, collaboration and a high degree of ownership to personal, team and organisational commitments. As well as a desire to lead change, create a shared sense of purpose, and drive and deliver high performance with consideration to operational excellence and a positive and safety-conscious culture.
- An inherent bias towards quality customer service, both internal & external and true business partnering as a way of delivering collective organisational performance.
- Extensive experience and knowledge in the areas of financial management, treasury and management, corporate governance, economic regulation and business processes.
- Considerable expertise in representing an organisation, providing advocacy, negotiating, and preparing extensive submissions and reports to Government, private sector organisations and Boards, Councils and/or executives of an organisation.
- Demonstrated ability in building and managing stakeholder relationships.
- Tertiary qualifications in a related discipline (e.g. Business, Management, Finance and/or Legal). A Post Graduate qualification would be highly regarded.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Word format. If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact David (Will) Wilson on 0407 573962 or firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref no. JO-1907-96354.