Reporting into the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and as a member of the Executive Leadership Team (ELT), you will be responsible for developing and implementing Seqwater’s strategic technology framework to maximise the value of technology-related business investments that assist Seqwater to achieve corporate and operational goals. You will be responsible for:
- Developing and executing the digital and technology strategic and operating plan to support and enhance Seqwater’s strategic objectives and business requirements, focusing resources for cost effectiveness and optimum customer experience.
- Establishing short and long-term objectives for the digital strategy, gaining buy-in from the various stakeholders and establishing criteria for monitoring progress and measuring success.
- Overseeing the scoping, planning, strategic alignment and delivery of the portfolio of all IT projects (including works, safety management and mobility strategies).
- Assessing new technologies to determine their potential value, whilst working with key business groups to ensure work processes are critically reviewed and systems investment plans are drafted that support automation and efficiency targets.
- Providing expert advice to the business in regard to emerging technologies and working collaboratively with business units on bespoke technology and innovation initiatives and programs of work.
- Supporting customer engagement and organisation efficiency goals through information systems that integrate to minimise duplication and enhance connectivity.
- Reviewing the external and internal service structure to ensure value for money, and service levels including quality of advice and support is maximised.
- Focusing on driving value through the optimisation of our systems and smart use of our assets through continuous measurement and improvement principles, including overseeing the development and administration of the Group budget.
To be successful in this position, you will possess:
- Senior level experience in complex ICT leadership positions, preferably within a highly regulated business environment.
- A demonstrated appetite for learning and applying contemporary leadership qualities that builds trust, collaboration and a high degree of ownership to personal, team and organisational commitments. As well as a desire to lead change, create a shared sense of purpose, and drive and deliver high performance with consideration to operational excellence and a positive and safety-conscious culture.
- An inherent bias towards customer service and true business partnering as a way of delivering collective organisational performance.
- Proven experience in successfully delivering financial and strategic outcomes consistent with organisational plans.
- Demonstrated experience in leading ICT and digital transformation to drive cost efficiencies across a business while ensuring a sustainable long term operating model
- High level communication, negotiation and influencing skills with the ability to represent (to a high standard) effectively to industry, governments, suppliers, stakeholders and individuals in the community.
- Tertiary qualifications in a related discipline (ICT, Business, Computer Science or postgraduate in Business Administration, related discipline and commensurate experience that can be associated with the position requirements).
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Word format. If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact David (Will) Wilson on 0407 573962 or email@example.com quoting ref no. JO-1907-96355.